PDA

View Full Version : newtek website

toonafish
12-01-2005, 03:14 AM
yesterday I was at a client that wants to setup their own 3D department, they want me to teach there and were considering switching from Maya to Lightwave.
I told them to check the Newtek website for information about pricing and stuff.

When I came home, just out of curiosity I wanted to see how easy it is if I want to buy Lightwave starting at Newtek.com.

And it is a joke !! If you don't know any better you could start wondering if they even wanna sell their software.
First of all the server seemed to be overloaded last night, but that's just bad luck I suppose.
But then I click on the "buy now" icon and select international and europe. And what happens....all I get is 4 x the "newtek europe" address. You're not even linked through automaticly, you have to type in www.newtek-europe.com yourself. The least that could happen is an automatic link the newtek-europe website. But what I'd expect is a neat list of dealers in europe for every country including newtek-europe.

not to mention the pricing policy where they charge europeans $ 936,- instead of $ 795,- that still pisses me off.

Brian Arndt
12-01-2005, 08:24 AM
I am already working on a new reseller search system that will have a lot more options it is just a long process to write a system from scratch. So please be patient.

toonafish
12-01-2005, 01:51 PM
good to hear someone is working on that.

Brian Arndt
12-02-2005, 08:33 AM
yup! Its been something ive wanted to fix for a loooooonnng time so no worries!

Brian Arndt
12-02-2005, 10:52 AM
It is now up at:
http://www.newtek.com/dealers/international.php

Silkrooster
12-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Brian,
Looking good. So many little kinks to work out to satisfy everyone. Keep up the excellent work. :thumbsup:
Silk