PDA

View Full Version : Great Job Newtek!!!

Wickster
11-30-2005, 06:37 PM
I've just notice that LW9 is being advertised heavily here on the net, some 3D magazines and no on my mailbox. I just got a flier/brochure (I will be showing to my 3D hungy friends at school tonight) for Lightwave 9. I never got anything like this from the previous versions of LW.

I'm glad Newtek is now advertising LW pretty heavily and I hope it goes well beyond what we have been seeing now, a TV commercial maybe. I see the DAVE School advertise a lot at channels like G4tv, so why can't NT right.

Another thing I just noticed lately is the abundance of new LW users joining our happy little forum. Welcome People! You'll soon see why the LW community is one of the if not 'the best' community on the net.

Great Job NT! Keep it up. :D

nakrul
11-30-2005, 06:48 PM
Thanks.

I have haveing fun. so much free training.

jlyon
11-30-2005, 11:32 PM
I'm a hack but just wanted to add my two cents:
Advertising is important. NewTek should keep it up.

Advertising high profile and successful work in LightWave super important. NewTek needs to do a bunch more of this. The competition is all over this side of the marketing game. It gives a lopsided impression to people looking for software and more importantly to educators looking to teach a program.

But most importantly is word of mouth from LightWave users. We have immense power to support this program, and NewTek seems fairly responsive to our input. I have influenced two of my friends/colleagues to buy LightWave and nearly converted a die hard Max user. I bought the software on the recomendation of a colleague. This forum is fabulous and very accessible. It continues to be an awesome resource for newbies like myself. It helps keep me loyal, especially by showing me the things LW can do. Users are one of the real powers behind LightWave.

Thanks for listening... Thanks for being a great community... Thanks for a great software.