PDA

View Full Version : My 2 graduation Projects (mosquitos; Bush & Bin laden)

Ge4-ce
11-30-2005, 09:13 AM
It took me from september 2004 till june 2006 to make these 2 graduation movies.

Basically everything has been made by me. Them modelling, the texturing, the lighting, the soundtrack and editing, ... except from the voices.

Offcourse sometime you have to make sacrefices for the limited time you've got. I allready got TONs of suggestions and stuff, but yours is always welcome.

ps: they are posted on my own homepage, so feel free to take a look at the rest.

Mosquitol ; Terror is just a :devil: away (http://www.d4motion.be/animation_3D.html)

paulrus
11-30-2005, 09:54 AM
For both of them, the animation is ok - you're missing a lot of secondary motion IMHO. Lighting & surfacing is so-so. Sound is pretty poorly done.

Writing on the political piece is...... well.... sophomoric (to put it mildly) and didn't make me crack a smile once. But perhaps your intended audience isn't Americans.

AJGoodwin
11-30-2005, 09:55 AM
Very nice, the Mosquito one is hilarious.

Ge4-ce
11-30-2005, 10:10 AM
But perhaps your intended audience isn't Americans.

Well yes.. the audience is pretty devided about the political story.

I'm afraid that either you like the story and find it pretty funny, or you don't like it at all and feel insulted.

The moral of this movie is: Any war is only feeding the dark side of the force.

But I don't want to make a political statement here. Here in Europe, the story has been praised by many because it represents the feelings the majority like 90% of the people have. And I neither choose side. Bin Laden and Bush both get their part from the devil.

Here in Europe, I'm sorry to say, people DO crack open when seeing this movie.

But you can't discuss taste and favorites. That's highly subjective.

Yes, it lacks a lot of secondary motion. Remember, this film is a one-man work, with limited time and resources. If I would do it again, I would do it better. We had to write the story from scratch, and make a 5 minute animation in little over 5 months.

Give it 1 to 2 months over the story, leaving 3 to 4 months for the rest. With teachers tossing back and forth to adjust things etc..

The sound had to be done in 2 weeks because there wasn't any time left.

iggy21
11-30-2005, 07:39 PM
The two storys were alright.... (voice and facial animation on the second needed alot of work)... maybe missed a little on the humor... other than that,.. well done for a one man project

etyrihje
12-01-2005, 02:55 PM
I think both films are very impressive, the mosquito film is extremly good with a great idea that is wonderfully executed. The other movie is very good as far as 3D is concerned, and very impressive, the story just fails to entertain me, it´s still very very impressive!

GREAT WORK

fronzel
12-02-2005, 07:55 AM
Ha !

Mosquitol… twisted idea… hilarious

spec24
12-02-2005, 11:07 AM

Like America going to war with Germany after Germany conquered most of Europe. :D

loki74
12-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I think a good way not to impress people is to make art political.

At any rate, some of the things amused me, particularly the scoreboard at the end--that was funny.

I agree about the lack of secondary motion. As far as modeling, texturing, and rendering, I cannot say they were particularly thrilling... and whoever did Bush's voice over does a terrible impression.

But given your time constraints, I suppose its reasonable.

Ge4-ce
12-04-2005, 06:00 AM
and whoever did Bush's voice over does a terrible impression.

I sent a mail to the Bush administration if he could use some of his most-ever-taken vacation in history of the USA, to do my dubbing, but I got no response :rolleyes:

Ge4-ce
12-04-2005, 06:09 AM
Like America going to war with Germany after Germany conquered most of Europe. :D

So what you're trying to tell here is that America had to go to war with Iraq because Iraq had conquered the entire Middle East and was deporting millions of christians or catholics to gasschambers? Dang.. If I had known that was the case, then I had to make an entire different movie!

If someone want a discussion, my private mailbox is always open :D

lardbros
12-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Well, enough of the political stuff... i haven't seen the Bush one because i don't have the codec. BUT i downloaded the Mosquitol quite a while back, can't remember where from either... but i liked it alot. The voice acting makes the whole thing superb, and makes up for any of the animation being "lacking". I say "lacking" because an animation doesn't particularly need state of the art, perfectly realised movement or motion capture to be amusing and i think Mosquitol perfectly illustrates this. The animation isn't bad by any means, but as you said, could be improved. It was done on a short timescale and i bet you had plenty of other projects on the go at the same time too. So i reckon it's great.

Regarding the Bush short film... if it's taking the pi$$ out of the guy then it's gotta be funny.

Ge4-ce
12-04-2005, 06:42 AM
You only have to download Quicktime 7 to be able to play it.

It uses the H264 codec. Good quality, small size.

lardbros
12-04-2005, 08:09 AM
Yep, i know... i'm downloading it now.

I remember where i got the Mosquitol film now... downloaded from a film school website. So i guess it was the school you went to! I liked it anyway.

Ge4-ce
12-04-2005, 09:55 AM
Yep, i know... i'm downloading it now.

I remember where i got the Mosquitol film now... downloaded from a film school website. So i guess it was the school you went to! I liked it anyway.

Can you tell me what filmschool this was? Because my school didn't post it on their website..

Cheers,

Koen

lardbros
12-04-2005, 10:06 AM
Hmmm, that's a bit odd!!

I really can't remember which one it was... it was a while ago. Ummm, i'll have a quick search for it...

had a search but can't find what it was.

Sorry about that...

Just watched the Terror animation and it' not bad. I found several bits funny, and loved the voice of the female news reader, it was absolutely spot on!! Best bit for me was the guillotine contraption. haha

dagdal1967
12-04-2005, 10:15 AM
Yes, I think you're right. You either think its funny or you take it personally and feel insulted.

I personally thought it was HILLARIOUS!

But I lived in Europe for 9 years and had the Rose Colour washed off my glasses.

I'll never look at News programs or Politics in the same way again!

Well done.

PS. Loved the list of Devil Vs. Mankind. VERY FUNNY!

Doug

Ge4-ce
12-04-2005, 03:29 PM
and loved the voice of the female news reader,

The Voice talent (Cathy Smith) actually used to be a real news anchor in UK, at channel 4.

She and her husband (Richard Wells) live in Brussels now and have a company called SpeakEasy (speakeasy.be)

They do nothing else but voice acting.

Richard did Bush and Bin Laden,..
Cathy did the newsanchor and the devil...

All offcourse with a little help from ProTools...

lardbros
12-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Ahhhh, that'll be why then!!

Seriously is bloody great. Did you pay them for their services? or because you were a student did they let you have their talents for a lower fee or for free?

Ge4-ce
12-05-2005, 03:35 AM
Ahhhh, that'll be why then!!

Seriously is bloody great. Did you pay them for their services? or because you were a student did they let you have their talents for a lower fee or for free?

They used to do that, but because they were asked a lot they could not longer do it for free. (understandable)

So normally they ask 250 euros for a 1 hour session for 1 person. So it was gonna cost me 500 euros. But they had a special student offer and did it for 350 euros. Then on that same session, they also did some work for another student and we agreed to split the costs. On top of that, the school was very nice and also managed to free some money out of their allready tight budget... So eventually it costed me some 100 euros... I was very lucky!

These people are so talented. With Mosquitol, I had another voice actor who was German. My orginal concept was to let him speak English. So you get a Crazy German Sientist sound.. He was Ok, but it wasn't quite that what I had in mind so I went for the English voice.

Earlier that morning I edited the german voice to set it sync with the videotrack. In the afternoon, the english voice was there.

He had never seen my movie. He watched it ONCE. Then He requested the german voice via the Headphones realtime with the video, and he dubbed the entire movie at once. The only thing I had to do was drag his track slightly to the left to make it in sync! It was amazing. First time right on track! We did it 3 more times just to be sure, but it wasn't needed...

iggy21
12-05-2005, 07:52 AM
took a look at your site,.... 4D? i always thought 3d was animation, 4d was an interactive, time elapsing environment.. a la reality.

Ge4-ce
12-05-2005, 07:59 AM
took a look at your site,.... 4D? i always thought 3d was animation, 4d was an interactive, time elapsing environment.. a la reality.

As far as I know, there are the 3 basic dimensions

Length, hight and depth. (3D)

The 4th dimension is time. (4D)

animation is movement in time, when using 3D objects, its 3D animation moving in time.

But that's a personal interpretation. The 4th dimension is time. That I am pretty sure of.. as for interactivity, Cool, I do that also with flash and Director and DVD authoring, so I will add this to my website :lol:

(BTW, the 4D idea came afterwards.. the contamination of deformation and motion was the basic concept..)

iggy21
12-05-2005, 08:18 AM
4d is time, correct, but its more accurately 'elapsing time' or 'time with change' . Animation tends not to be recognized as 4D simply because you can start/stop at your will. Animation is not affected by time (ie. it will be the same animation 20 min from now, as it wil be 20 years from now). Animation may be 'simulated' 4D .. but lacks the ability to be changed by elapsing time.

sorry to be nit-picky, i come form a background of physics, and just wanted to point that out.

Ge4-ce
12-05-2005, 08:41 AM
No problem.. I will adjust the settings on my Website!

Allways in the mood for learning new stuff! Thanks!

mattclary
12-05-2005, 01:18 PM
So what you're trying to tell here is that America had to go to war with Iraq because Iraq had conquered the entire Middle East and was deporting millions of christians or catholics to gasschambers? Dang.. If I had known that was the case, then I had to make an entire different movie!

Close enough for my tastes.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.graves/

paulrus
12-05-2005, 01:28 PM
http://www.theotheriraq.com/

Hidden in the shadows of history, resistance against repression became the Kurdish way of life, until atrocities inflicted by a dictator named Saddam Hussein sent shock waves throughout the world causing people of ever nation to ask, “Who are the Kurds?”

For many, awareness arrived on ‘Bloody Friday’ in March of nineteen eighty-eight when Saddam dropped poisonous gas on the Kurdish city of Halabja killing five thousand within minutes, followed by seven thousand more as the bombing continued for days.

mattclary
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
Saddam dropped poisonous gas on the Kurdish city of Halabja killing five thousand within minutes

Well, there's your gas, Ge4-ce. The dark side of the force was well fed that day. :devil:

starbase1
12-05-2005, 02:07 PM
Close enough for my tastes.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.graves/

Yeah, kind of a shame that the USA funded his rise to power, and that the well known opponent of tyrants, err, Donald Rumsfeld went out there to sell him the weapons to do it...

Then there was the funding of terrorists such as the the contras and the IRA by the USA...

The USA found terrorism perfectly acceptable until they became its targets...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm

iggy21
12-05-2005, 02:28 PM
[This was an error, disregard this post]

iggy21
12-05-2005, 02:33 PM
Ive said this before, the animations were pretty good, the second could have been better at facial animation/modeling...

but this is a forum for critique on the project, not on the message. While this is a controversial peice, people here should be reminded that this is not a political forum and thus should not spark political debate, rather comments and criticism on the project alone..

THis is not a political forum... learn your history and go post on a political site....

Ge4-ce
12-05-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, I agree, This is not a political forum.

edited because we want this forum politics free...

(but they started it :cry: )

iggy21
12-06-2005, 07:46 AM
Ge4-ce, i didnt say 'learn your hisrtory' to open up another debate, this is a professional website, and we should all keep this pofessional and stop with the politics. And Ge4-ce, if you want to talk politics, the email me or go to a political forum, but keep it off this forum.

paulrus
12-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Deleted - thank you for removing that silly post.

dogs_dinner
12-08-2005, 09:23 AM
Mosquitol brought back fond memories of my own rampant acne. the puss action was particularly evocative. the pricing board at the end was very funny Too.

dogs_dinner
12-08-2005, 09:26 AM
Mosquitol brought back fond memories of my own rampant acne. the puss action was particularly evocative. the pricing board at the end was very funny Too.

Terror one is even funnier. loved the diagrams.

Ge4-ce
12-08-2005, 11:21 AM
Thank you..

gaushell
12-08-2005, 05:54 PM

If someone want a discussion, my private mailbox is always open :D

Don't be such a dork. You are the one opening yourself up to this. Selecting a political theme for a school project is sad in the first place. For you to start the anti-US banter is your fault.

You better believe than many of us are going to stand up for our country.

When all of you complainers about the US can actually take care of yourselves, let us know. We are far from perfect, but we sure as h_ll have given much to Europe (including a lot of services men's lives). How quick they forget.

And regardless of what you say - you started this posting those responses.

Ge4-ce
12-09-2005, 01:09 AM
Don't be such a dork. Selecting a political theme for a school project is sad in the first place. For you to start the anti-US banter is your fault.

You know, like requested, I got some good private message conversations that were constructive discussions. This is by far the least good argument I have ever heard..

Why the H-LL would'nt I choose a political theme??? and Oh, speaking about forgetting quickly.. go to nr 1 post. Do I ask for a political rant? NO I ask for a professional opinion about the movie.

Then I get besides of a couple of good comments about the content and techniques, a couple of bad comments. No problems.. But there are also a couple of childish making-no-sense-at-all insulting comments on wich I defended myself..

No who's the dork here? I never insulted any person here?

And speaking off.. You must be not a very smart guy... The movie isn't about bashing the USA.. Bush AND Bin laden end up in ****..
Bin Laden was insulted just as bad as Bush was in this movie. And bashing Bush is not the same as bashing the USA. Unless you feel it that way, but that's YOUR problem, not everyone elses.. Bin Laden thinks he destroys the USA, but he ends up in Oval Office.. how humiliating would that be?

So quit this bull**** and go to a different post I you have nothing else to do than insulting people

Trinity
12-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Sad because it's true. Funny because it's true.
I like your movies g-4ce

gjjackson
12-14-2005, 07:31 AM
Bin Laden was insulted just as bad as Bush was in this movie.

I think this Whole thread should be deleted, since it's become political. This above insinuates Bush and Bin Laden are not much different. That is way over the top and out of line.

JML
12-14-2005, 08:06 AM
You know, like requested, I got some good private message conversations that were constructive discussions. This is by far the least good argument I have ever heard..

gaushell is right,
the problem with selecting a political theme for a school project, is that
you might have less luck finding a job.
what if you send your resume to a company and the person reviewing your animation feel insulted by your video, do you think that person is going to hire you?

it is known that any demo reel you do should be neutral, avoid talking about stuff like politics and other hot subjects...
you don't want to risk to make the person viewing your animation angry.

gaushell is the perfect example because he owns a 3d company, do you think he would hire you if you sent your resume?

just my 2 cents.

lardbros
12-14-2005, 08:41 AM
I don't believe there is anything wrong about a controversial movie... the best art is controversial and that's the way it has always been.

BUT, it is true about sending this film away to get jobs... it is best to stay away from Politics and Religion when you're in an interview, so playing this one won't be favourable. But hey, they may see the funny side... most likely if you go for a job in europe anyhow.

I don't think Ge4-ce is knocking the americans as people... just Bush, he's not the brightest star in the sky.

Ge4-ce
12-14-2005, 10:21 AM
I don't believe there is anything wrong about a controversial movie... the best art is controversial and that's the way it has always been.

BUT, it is true about sending this film away to get jobs... it is best to stay away from Politics and Religion when you're in an interview, so playing this one won't be favourable. But hey, they may see the funny side... most likely if you go for a job in europe anyhow.

I don't think Ge4-ce is knocking the americans as people... just Bush, he's not the brightest star in the sky.

Here in Europe, most companys are thrilled when they see this movie. They do see the humor in this story.

Besides, I work on my own ( see website), and have plenty of work for the moment. So job application is not really an issue. Also, when I hire people myself, I look for their talents, and what they are worth. Not what political color they have. As long as they do their work properly, it doesn't bother me.

Indeed, I'm not knocking down americans. I do like the states. I just don't like this current governement. And at least or about 50% of the americans agree with me!

I think this Whole thread should be deleted, since it's become political. This above insinuates Bush and Bin Laden are not much different. That is way over the top and out of line.

So you're fighting for democracy? Freedom of speech? So I CAN't say whatever I want? Besides I didn't make a political flamewar, the first people who reacted political did! If everyone gave me tips about the animation and lighting, and .... there was no problem. So back off!

Bush and Bin Laden not much different? Oh let' drag that into private conversation... Bin Laden is a terrorist. I don't like him at all. But I can pretty assure that whatever he does, Bush does pretty much the same. Only for different reasons and in a different way! (watch out, I said 'pretty much' that same, not entirely the same.) Bush is NOT a terrorist!

iggy21
12-14-2005, 11:01 AM
While politically motivated materials may be funny, or controversial, there is a time and a place for this. This is not government forum, so 'freedom of speech' doesnt apply. (in other words, if this post continues down the politcal path, i completely agree that it should be removed, and it is completely with in all rights if the admin/moderators want to take down this post.)

With that being said (an i hope others agree with me and that one line Ge4-ce mentioned: This should be a site with C&C directly relating to techniques, etc, not content of story.

So, in hopes to change topics, ive already mentioned that i am not fond of the facial animations you used (while the rest of the animation seemed good). Can you tell me what technique you used for animating the mouth?

nthused
12-14-2005, 12:08 PM
With that being said (an i hope others agree with me and that one line Ge4-ce mentioned: This should be a site with C&C directly relating to techniques, etc, not content of story.

Amen! Let's get on with critiques. I get pummeled with politics/world views enough.

Ge4-ce
12-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Can you tell me what technique you used for animating the mouth?

Thank you. I like this turningpoint!

I will ignore any political statements from now on and just go on with the techniques..

So, Facial animations.. combination of morphs and Bones.. I agree that it has been lousy done (is that how you spell it? lousy? )

I just didn't had the time to make and especially controle dozens of facial morphs.. my way of doing it was like this:

One morph for each eyebrow up<->down, same for eye-lids, ears,...

I now think that it may have been better to make entire morphs of facial expressions (like smile, extreme smile, angry, ...) so I could have switched to this at once, instead of moving 10 sliders everytime I wanted to change a facial expression.. the hunger for extreme controle cost me a lot of time.. And since time was an issue,... I rushed it a bit 2 much..

Second: My voice dubbed in later... when the animation was done.. I did'nt had the budget nor the time to do it twice, once in the beginning then afterwards.. the result is the out-of-sync with the lipsync.. too bad, but again forced by time and money.. :(

It's cool when you have the budgets to animate and do soundtrack at the same time..

iggy21
12-14-2005, 02:57 PM
I figured that since it was a one man project, it would be difficult to spend too much time on one thing...

I agree that its better to have sound first... then animate.

Now that youve finished, are you planning on taking time to tweak your animations?

Ge4-ce
12-14-2005, 04:10 PM
Ha! I wish...

No, actually, I'm gonna leave this one...

There are other projects coming on wich I can practice and learn skills.

At this moment, I'm drawning in work and don't know what to start first. And to be quite honest.. I've spent 6 months looking at this story, characters, ... I'm tired of them :D

When I've finished something worth showing here, I'll post it...

Also, some wise words once said: "You have to let go luke!" No serious.. I could find 1003875 mistakes I wich to improve. But when I've done all those, there are 290973 others. When you're completely satisfied with your work, you stop and die... If not, you keep trying to improve...

iggy21
12-15-2005, 08:08 AM
"I could find 1003875 mistakes I wich to improve. But when I've done all those, there are 290973 others"

very true

Stooch
12-20-2005, 10:34 PM
For both of them, the animation is ok - you're missing a lot of secondary motion IMHO. Lighting & surfacing is so-so. Sound is pretty poorly done.

Writing on the political piece is...... well.... sophomoric (to put it mildly) and didn't make me crack a smile once. But perhaps your intended audience isn't Americans.

lol [email protected] someone is :cursin:

The animation was rather simplistic, not sure if that was the intent. I love the story and concepts though, the bush one was hillarious. different strokes for different folks eh paulrus?

Top Cat
12-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Then tell me, what about the Revolutionary War or the Civil War, though I don't know how much you know being German instead of American, but a lot of good came out if those wars. And if your ever in some war between what's right and wrong, I hope you just die from the thought that you can't fight for what's right because you'll just "feed the dark side"

Top Cat

jeremyhardin
12-21-2005, 12:13 PM
Then tell me, what about the Revolutionary War or the Civil War, though I don't know how much you know being German instead of American, but a lot of good came out if those wars. And if your ever in some war between what's right and wrong, I hope you just die from the thought that you can't fight for what's right because you'll just "feed the dark side"
Top Cat

first off, did i miss where he said he was german? belgium isn't in germany. secondly, why are you taking this back to a political standpoint? thirdly, a little harsh hoping he dies, perhaps?

and unrelated to the above post...i hate back-seat modding (even though i'm guilty at times). if the mod's had a problem folks, it'd be gone. or will be and it's irrelevant anyway.

and ON topic...i couldn't watch them because work doesn't let me install new software codecs. i'm stuck on QT6 here. any chance of a different file type?

lardbros
12-21-2005, 12:27 PM
though I don't know how much you know being German instead of American

Just no need!! And remember, an atlas is your best friend!! Although I'm sure Bush's guess of Belgium's whereabouts would be funnier than the short film we're talking about. :D

JML
12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
I think top cat meant that wars are not good, but some wars are needed. (world war 2 for example)

iggy21
12-22-2005, 07:33 AM
moving on..... ?

warmiak
12-22-2005, 10:46 AM
Bush and Bin Laden not much different? Oh let' drag that into private conversation... Bin Laden is a terrorist. I don't like him at all. But I can pretty assure that whatever he does, Bush does pretty much the same. Only for different reasons and in a different way! (watch out, I said 'pretty much' that same, not entirely the same.) Bush is NOT a terrorist!

You could have said that about any politician be it a Roosevelt, Churchill etc ... since both of them were responsible for deaths of thousands of civilians like for example 10 000 French who died during D-Day and following weeks.

Personally I think making that sort of comparison simply shows that your moral compass is in dire need of recalibration, but I guess this is a European thing ...

This sort of irrational and reflexive hatred toward US ( which despite what you suggest is not related to Bush – Reagan and others were vilified just as much ) is one of the reasons I left that place 10 years ago .. and I am not going back there … not after “tasting” US lifestyle.

jeremyhardin
12-22-2005, 10:53 AM
You could have said that about any politician be it a Roosevelt, Churchill etc ... since both of them were responsible for deaths of thousands of civilians like for example 10 000 French who died during D-Day and following weeks.

Personally I think making that sort of comparison simply shows that your moral compass is in dire need of recalibration, but I guess this is a European thing ...

This sort of irrational and reflexive hatred toward US ( which despite what you suggest is not related to Bush – Reagan and others were vilified just as much ) is one of the reasons I left that place 10 years ago .. and I am not going back there … not after “tasting” US lifestyle.

what is you're problem?? let it go man.
ge4-ce hasn't said anything in like two weeks! what are you accomplishing? everyone needing to spout their political opinion isn't doing anyone any good. and insulting someone's 'moral compass' because they don't agree with you (or at least didn't 2 weeks ago!) is pointless.

sheesh.

warmiak
12-22-2005, 10:59 AM
Insulting? Not really.

Just stating my opinion.

lardbros
12-22-2005, 11:08 AM
Us europeans DON'T hate the americans at all... i met some lovely ones on holiday in europe this summer. And for your info we haven't hated every US president... Clinton, despite his faults, was a very clever man, and was also a good president.

warmiak
12-22-2005, 11:55 AM
I never said Europeans hate Americans on a personal level.

They do seem to exploit every opportunity to take a stab at whatever shortcomings current US policy might have and tend to assume most insidious motivation for just about everything US does.

As far as Clinton - sure he was more skillful at playing political game but in reality he wasn't that much different than Bush.

Frankly, his actions in Balkans weren’t all that different from whatever Bush is doing in Iraq.
There was no authorization from UN for his actions in Kosovo nor there were any compelling US interests at stake.
There was no mass protest against US presence in that country simply because Europeans realized that , trying to curtail a genocide in the middle of their own continent, he was doing their job and that made all the difference.

He indicated support for Kyoto agreement knowing full well that this thing never had a chance to pass legislative and thus his actions would not result in any harm to US economy.

Blaine91555
12-26-2005, 08:22 PM
To Whoever the Moderator Is!
If you allow this political bickering to go on on even one string the entire board will be ruined. This has happened to too many other boards. The web is full of boards just for this type of thing. Why allow it to ruin this board?????

Ge4-ce - A little friendly advice from an employer who owns a marketing company. Loose the political statement in your portfolio. No responsible administrator is going to risk their clients accounts on someone who does not know when to keep quiet about personal feelings. It would be a quick trip to bankruptcy court. Your clients wants are all that matters whether you agree or not. That is unless you fancy becoming just another unemployed CG artist.

LAV
12-28-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree with Administrator policy. I think iggy21 is a wise one. I read all messages, I've seen the videos (I don't like mosquitos' one - bleahhh! That kind of organic matter! :D , I wonder about them... - I like Bush one, it's an usual satiric sketch, not so hard, indeed)

I think iggy21 is right to let this thread open. No writer is insulting no other one. Every word is an opinion.

I think that even in a 'so technical' forum there is space to comparison between two or more ideas.

I'm sorry for a very dangerous feeling I noticed in these last years. Europeans and Americans they both think others as danger and ourselves as right.
Mmmmh! Do you imagine? I can overlove America even if I disagree with Bush, or Clinton, or... or... McNamara?

I can love America even if I think MDonalds are the most dangerous mass destruction weapons over the world :neener:

I repeat: I think iggy21 is a wise one

mdcgi
12-29-2005, 03:56 AM
.....sigh........ and I though that we were all grown up people...
Never mind, I'm gonna skip this Thread.

LAV
12-29-2005, 05:36 AM
.....sigh........ and I though that we were all grown up people...
Never mind, I'm gonna skip this Thread.

No. My masters teached me that we are grown up people when we are in a room where everyone speaks freely in a low voice, listening others speaking, freely responding, changing or strengthening each own ideas and so on and so on.
Nobody wants to hurt others.

This thread is going to be a good room (I think).

Hot Georgia
12-29-2005, 01:12 PM
I don't have many posts here but I do visit almost everyday.
The political view expressed is surely a red hot topic for many on both sides.
I'm also a hybrid car enthusiast and saw a growing, friendly community practically come at each others throats over this.

I think strong political and religious views have its place in free speech but not at the risk of a growing, friendly 3D web forum just as they are avoided in the general workplace.

Sekhar
12-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Great job on the terror story. It was engaging, had me glued/intrigued till the execution part. IMO would have been better without the (somewhat silly) hanging/guillotine scenes though. You're talented.

Top Cat
12-29-2005, 06:51 PM
first off, did i miss where he said he was german? belgium isn't in germany. secondly, why are you taking this back to a political standpoint? thirdly, a little harsh hoping he dies, perhaps?

Well, I got Berlin mixed up with Belgium, and I guess it was a little harsh. But I don't think he should criticise Bush unless he has been affected directly.

Top Cat (Conservative, which makes Liberals hate me.)

And I will not be visiting this topic again. (I here you cheering!)