PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.2 Macintosh Problems

L_RZA
11-30-2005, 03:44 AM
Hey there Everybody,
Does anyone know if there is a fix, or problem with the image editor with LW8.2 for mac.
I have installed it and it all works fine other than the image/texture editor doesnt work .. ?? It wont load images ..??

I bought it second hand [online] , although the guy I bought it off said it worked fine .. could there be a plugin missing .. or is it just a stupid mac thing?

It would be great if I could get this to work as my pc that Ive been using for 3D has just died on me ..
Cher
L

FYI, I am using a Ti powerbook with OSX 10.4 tiger

munky
11-30-2005, 04:46 AM
Hi there,

nope it's not a stupid mac thing, you might find that reloading your input/output plugins fixes it. Oh and LW pre 8.3 (I think ) hates tiff files so use targas or png if you can.

regards

paul

L_RZA
11-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Hi there,

nope it's not a stupid mac thing, you might find that reloading your input/output plugins fixes it. Oh and LW pre 8.3 (I think ) hates tiff files so use targas or png if you can.

regards

paul

Hmm, how'd I do that ..? .. I'll have a look .. cheers mate, but if you could point me in an absolute direction that would be great.

L

L_RZA
11-30-2005, 05:11 AM
oh heres a screeny of my input/output .. does anything look wrong .. I'll also have a look in modeler and see if the plugins are activated ..

Didnt have to do this on the pc, so please excuse my ignorance

Cher,
L

munky
11-30-2005, 05:18 AM
You don't have to on the mac normally, but sometimes stuff goes pear shaped.
Go to the utilities tab in layout or modeller and under the plugins menu is the add plugins button click and steer to your input/output folder, select all of the plugins in the folder and press return.

done

hope this works for you

regards

paul

L_RZA
11-30-2005, 05:19 AM
AHHH, bloody ****!!
Yep got it going, thank you very much!!!!! awesome!!! cant wait to get cracking with the rest of my mclaren!!! [as my pc is playing up/broke]
I sooo happy as my powerbook has 6x the grunt of my old pc lappy ..
[should really buy a desktop with loads of grunt, but alas 3D is just a hobby]

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME

THANKS,
L

munky
11-30-2005, 07:37 AM
Great stuff,

I'd; while you are tucking in under the hood make a backup copy of your lightwave preferences.

you will find them in your user(home)/library/preferences folder

so if things go pants then you can toss the bad prefs and pop the backup ones back in this is good if you have customized your menu layouts and have a load of third party plugins installed.

paul