PDA

View Full Version : .lwo & .lws are confused

mwh710
11-27-2005, 09:43 PM
All of a sudden, my .lwo files have the "Motion" icon & want to open in "LWSN" and my .lws scenes have the "Object" icon and want to open in "Hub". When I try to change them in "Get Info" they just change back. What's up?

mwh710
11-28-2005, 02:37 PM
What, no one knows what can be the problem?

eblu
11-28-2005, 03:24 PM
this has always been the case for me.
well, objects open in modeler... but scene files always try to open in the hub.

its a good example of how LW ignores OS conventions, and the result is something nobody expects or wants.

i usually open scenes by dragging them to the layout icon in the dock, and objects by dragging them to modeler, thus working around that particular "feature".

meanlebh
11-28-2005, 05:42 PM
i have the same exact thing happen, .lwo's become motion files ect...but it only happens with object and scene files that i bring in from another computer, if i make the file on my computer then it doesn't have a problem with it at all....my suggestion is to just always open up your files from within modeler or layout rather than from the finder window....

jeremyhardin
11-28-2005, 05:48 PM
same problem here, though i rarely notice it since i open all my objects/scenes within Lightwave.

marlo.steed
11-28-2005, 08:13 PM
similar problems here

I also always open from within Lightwave. It is another Lightwave bug that I have learned to avoid, and then ignore.

toby
11-29-2005, 01:48 AM
yea, it's been like this as long as I've been using it, v6.0. Same thing on the PC too.