PDA

View Full Version : yo yo guy's what's up

JD367
11-26-2005, 06:33 PM
I'm new here and looking forward to buying lightwave very soon and plan on making a x-men type movie and was wondering if it's possible to make a one of my friends transform into a "Colossus" type hero, as well as ice man and the human torch maybe, i've been making movies for about 3 years but never anything like this, just maybe some gunfight's and lightsaber's...so if anyone could ya know point me into the right direction i would appreciate it guy's.
ITS GREAT TO BE HERE TOO

WE OUTTTTTTT!!!!!

nakrul
11-26-2005, 08:12 PM
Sweet, I am in demo mode but I will be buying LW later on when I get the $ for it. not sure if lw can do morhing but I would use shake 3.5/4.0 to do that effect...Good luck and its great to see new people other then my self LOL's. :)

JD367
11-26-2005, 08:27 PM
ahh i need to know cause i already have like a preview with my friend walking out of the house to find me and acts like he is turning into "colossus" and i say he is a young 20 yr old colossus and it's pretty cool, but i only have enough money for one program for now...ive been wanting to do a colossus type video since i was like 10
PLEASEEEEEE HELP

JD367
11-26-2005, 09:07 PM
hmm i found another program that would fit my needs better as of now its called
Side Effects Software's Houdini, ohh for the love of god i cant decide!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

coremi
11-26-2005, 11:31 PM
if u can pay for Houdini, you are the lucky one, don't know if the lite version will do whatever you need it to.

nakrul
11-26-2005, 11:34 PM
7,000+ I know of the program. I am on a mac so I don't know what it really does. Shake is on the high side too of 3k.

What you could do. is do the effect in Houdini, and I know it does not render out a water mark or anything its just a small image size of like 320x240 Do the work in Houdini and if you can save it. send it off to someone that has the program and ask them to render it out...I think side effects will do this for a fee...I think...also if your runing linux shake has a limit of 40 nodes in demo mode and you can do what your asking in less the 40 nodes...Houdini ahhh the deams :devil:

SplineGod
11-27-2005, 12:25 AM
I'm new here and looking forward to buying lightwave very soon and plan on making a x-men type movie and was wondering if it's possible to make a one of my friends transform into a "Colossus" type hero, as well as ice man and the human torch maybe, i've been making movies for about 3 years but never anything like this, just maybe some gunfight's and lightsaber's...so if anyone could ya know point me into the right direction i would appreciate it guy's.
ITS GREAT TO BE HERE TOO

WE OUTTTTTTT!!!!!

Its totally possible. Youll have to create a 3D colossus and then do some creative compositing. The same goes for the others. I think the human torch will be the easiest.

loki74
11-27-2005, 01:20 AM
I think the human torch will be the easiest.

Really? It seems to me that you'd need a decent fluid solver to do that, unless you were to film fire against a greenscreen and comp that onto the person.. and in that case you may or may not even use 3D. But I think that match moving a 3D character with a CFD flame on him would get the best result.

...man, I wish I could afford Shake. :foreheads :cry:

SplineGod
11-27-2005, 01:28 AM
That would be one way. It could also be done similar to the balrog on LOTR. Theres several ways to get it to look like that. :)

nakrul
11-27-2005, 01:29 AM
Shake is a real nice tool. I have it. The node's are just great to work with. To bad the linux ver. i sucking hard core. plus shake in general is slacking to Fusion 5...Still wish shake was on windows...ahh the good old days. :lwicon:

JD367
11-27-2005, 01:00 PM
so nakrul what exactly could the shake program do? lol i just looked at the price for side effects and i just laughed, there's no way im getin that, i mainly just wanna do some simple things, but even if i coul not make my friend transform can i still get a 3d character in there with me? like make it look almost like him?