PDA

View Full Version : Just a newcomers warm Hello post

DiedonD
11-26-2005, 08:24 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi in this forum. Im glad to be a member here, and as we speak my brand new Lightwave 8 standard full version is on its way to my home, together with the Dan Ablans tutorial, so you can picuture just what a rookie I am. Everything is new, fresh and zero just yet, and I couldn't be happier. And if everything works out well, you'll be hearing alot from me both for questions and if it is within my knowledge, answers to various topics, or just simple communings. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks, bye for now. :)

Earl
11-26-2005, 09:13 AM
Welcome to the LW community! I think you'll find people here and at SpinQuad (http://www.spinquad.com/forums/index.php?) to be very helpful and willing to answer any questions you might have. Have fun with your new toy! :D

Intuition
11-26-2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome to one of the best communities in the 3d world! :thumbsup:

The collective knowledge of the users here can often give you a solution to any creative or technical problem you may have or need.

Lightwave is a powerful tool for visual solutions. It also has the largest 3rd party software plug-ins and scripts which help to offer even more solutions.

Let us know if you need any :help: and most here will give you piles of resources to problem solve with. :lightwave

Cageman
11-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi!

Always nice to hear from a new user!! Welcome!

What made you choose LightWave? Are you a complete rookie to 3D or do you have some experience?

Either way, you are most welcome!

/Cageman

hrgiger
11-26-2005, 12:54 PM
Welcome to the Newtek forums. Hopefully you'll find Lightwave enjoyable. Spend a good amount of time with the documentation that comes with Lightwave and feel free to ask questions along the way.

Lewis
11-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the communitiy :).

Let us know when it (LW) arrives :).

Kuzey
11-26-2005, 05:20 PM
It's good to have you here!

Beware of the buttons, Lightwave has tons of them and it can overwhelm new users. But once you get used to the interface it becomes a joy to use.

Just have fun and everthing will fall into place.

:thumbsup:

Kuzey

nakrul
11-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Hello everyone, just wanted to say hi in this forum. Im glad to be a member here, and as we speak my brand new Lightwave 8 standard full version is on its way to my home, together with the Dan Ablans tutorial, so you can picuture just what a rookie I am. Everything is new, fresh and zero just yet, and I couldn't be happier. And if everything works out well, you'll be hearing alot from me both for questions and if it is within my knowledge, answers to various topics, or just simple communings. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks, bye for now. :)

Hello Hello...I'm new too. Glade to see you about to get lw in full :lwicon: I'm in demo right now but I am haveing fun and I can tell you your going to have fun too. Wish ya the best... :goodluck:

DiedonD
11-27-2005, 04:48 AM
I really appreciate your welcoming. Yes I am a complete rookie in 3D. But I always did one sort or another of animation. So as you can imagine till now it was mostly 2D. First there was life animation (playing) when a kid, I believe most people have done that, than there was a version od Deluxe ANimation, which had the oldest way of animating, the frame by frame technique. The latest I did was in After Effects keyframing, and though it made animation easier, it still was very time consuming, and since Im so short in time, I want that time to really be worth it. Thus after seeing 2 3D characters fight in marital arts, and a digital line appeared and all of a sudden you saw the same peoples insides (skeleton and muscles) and still were fighting like normal, with awsome effects...It fascinated me deeply...thus I entered the 3D world finally. It was ineviatable...sooner or later I would get to it. But there...as I said I am full rookie in 3D for now, but a VERY DETERMINED one to develop I might add. So thanks alot for welcoming me, I really appreciate it...after the books arrive you can understand that I might not be coming here for a while, at least until I cover up the basics... :) BUt hey...I sure love chatting here, even if its for social issues. Have fun guys, see ya later.

kml12
11-28-2005, 01:18 PM
Welcome to the world of Lightwave :D

lede
11-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Welcome to LightWave and yes it is a daunting tool. I've been very involved for a couple of years now and I can say you have a large learning curve to master. Don't ever give up though because in the end you'll be able to create stuff that not many people can these days.

While your waiting here is a good reference site to visit and droll over all the tutorials the community has online.

Lightwave Tutorials on the Web (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials%20/Main_Menu.htm)

-Lee