PDA

View Full Version : Target Lscript Question

spj
05-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Hi,
First off I know very little about Lscript so I am really only trying to find out if what I am trying to do is possible, and if someone else has done anything similar.
My problem is related to a question on the general support forum about a car setup. (i've figured out why my rig isn't working but I don't know how to fix it)

The problem is related to the order that lightwave does it's operations.
I've attached a small file that shows what I'm talking about.
The "wpos_null" has a wpos expression to make it stick to the "Wpos_goal" bone, however the wpos it getting worked out first, then the targeting is happening, meaning the "wpos_null" doesn't move.

Is it possible to use lscript to get the order of operation from lightwave??
Would it be easier to write a targeting lscript and tell it to get worked first, before wpos??
Has anyone done any of this??
Is this something lightwave isn't capable of doing and should I just give up??
You could also download the attachment from the car setup question on the general support forum to see what problems this is causing in my rig.(the car_setup01_problem file has it)
Thanks for your help
Sam

Tom Speed
05-08-2003, 06:55 PM
Yeah seems odd that, the expression is being ignored when scrubbing or playing the timeline, maybe it's a bug.

You could use Follower for now (works fine), or indeed script a solution for the time being.

Tom

spj
05-08-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanks Tom,
Your're right that follower works fine in the example I gave, but with align to path and other things follower doesn't work in the actual car rig.
I've included that scene in an attachment in case anyone is interested. You can see how the null moves with the car but the rotation doesn't affect anything.
It looks like I"ll have to make two rigs for different situations.
Sam

spj
05-09-2003, 12:33 AM
I've just figured out a work around using Lernie's IK readers. (with IK instead of targeting)
its an incredibly convaluted rig but it works
Sam