PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading Lightwave 7.5

Katachi
11-23-2005, 07:26 AM
Hi!

I will be buying Lightwave 7.5 (PC) from an old LW user and then want to upgrade to LW 8.5. However, I have a few questions before I do so.

I have read on the Newtek website, that when I now upgrade from 7.5 to 8.5, I would get:

PC and Mac LightWave users with v7.5 or earlier may also take advantage of a LightWave upgrade special for as low as $395, and will get Vue 5 Infinite bundled with the upgrade and receive a free upgrade to v9.0;

So this means, when I upgrade now, I get 8.5, a free upgrade to v9.0 (once it is released) and Vue 5 Infinite? Would I also then get a dongle for MAC and PC (which new users receive if I am informed correctly)?

Thank you
Best
Katachi

krimpr
11-23-2005, 08:52 AM
If your purchase from the previous owner of 7.5 is legit than you will be getting the dongle with it. You'd better check to make sure you do, otherwise your purchase is bogus. Assuming that, then yes, 8.5 and Vue Infinite now and 9.0 upon release is the upgrade offer, unless they have changed something.

BeeVee
11-24-2005, 02:18 AM
And if you are getting a dongle with your system there are two possibilities:

1. You'll get it with a parallel dongle. This cannot be used on the Mac or on a 64-bit PC, so you'll need to change it - you can ask for this at the time you upgrade and we'll send you a new USB dongle free of charge;

2. It comes with a Duo USB dongle, in which case all is well in the world and you can use it on a PC or Mac.

And yes, just to confirm krimpr's post, you will receive Vue 5 and a free upgrade to 9 when released.

B

Katachi
11-24-2005, 11:47 AM
Hi,

thanks both of you. Yes, the guy I am purchasing it from says there comes a dongle with it. Here is a quote:

Yes this is for 200.00 US Dollars, plus shipping. I have been trying to sell this for a while and no one wants to buy it since Newtek lowered their prices. It is a full ver. with a dongle and manual. It is 7.0 but I have a cd with the .5 so you upgrade with out downloading, if you have a slow connection. And yes I will get the lic. transfered with Newtek.

So I assume itīs a valid and legal license with a valid parallel port dongle. But as I want to develop plugins for Lightwave Iīd require a MAC dongle too (which number 1 of BeeVeeīs answer seems to solve this issue, which is great btw. :).

Thanks for the quick answer
Best
Katachi

BazC
11-24-2005, 03:50 PM
Hiya Samir, good to see you here! I recently did the exact same thing, I bought a secondhand copy of Lightwave 6 and upgraded to 8.3 including Vue5i and I'm now looking forward to LW9. Newtek staff couldn't have been more helpful! :)

Cheers - Baz

Katachi
11-27-2005, 10:01 AM
Hiya Samir, good to see you here! I recently did the exact same thing, I bought a secondhand copy of Lightwave 6 and upgraded to 8.3 including Vue5i and I'm now looking forward to LW9. Newtek staff couldn't have been more helpful! :)

Cheers - Baz

Hey thanks and yep, very helpful :)

Katachi
11-30-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi,

I still have a problem here. I wanted to pre-order the upgrade but I cannot find a reseller here in germany that sells this upgrade path (so 7.5 to 8.5) as described in the previous posts.

Could the support point me to a site where I can purchase the upgrade (before it expires)?

Thanks
Katachi

BeeVee
11-30-2005, 08:13 AM
You can order it from one of our agreed resellers if you go to http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/purchase/resellers.html

Otherwise you can always buy it directly from us.

B

Katachi
12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
You can order it from one of our agreed resellers if you go to http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/purchase/resellers.html

Yep, I had a look at those, but they all say the upgrades are for V8 users only. So, is this an "error" and I can buy this upgrade anyway as a 7.5 licensee?

For example here:
http://www.picturetools-shop.de/sess/utn;jsessionid=15438f65be52a8a/shopdata/index.shopscript

This is the same for Basis1 (where I usually buy all my software. I guess, Iīll better contact them.)

Thanks

BeeVee
12-02-2005, 02:26 AM
Not sure I understand? Upgrades for 7.5 are universally available and they include a free upgrade to 9 when it comes out. It's the fourth item on our price list page here: http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/price/price_e.html at 449€+VAT (MWST)

B

Katachi
12-02-2005, 10:07 AM
Hi,

thanks again and yes, it was my fault. I looked at the wrong item! Doh. Ok, now itīs time to go :) :thumbsup: