PDA

View Full Version : Kill Selection Hotkey?

objuan
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Is there a hotkey to deselect everything?

Like clicking in the blank under the file menus in modeler, only without having to move all the way over there? trying to save my precious wrist muscles here.

toby
11-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Something I asked for years ago....

evenflcw
11-22-2005, 06:45 PM
Sounds like it will do what you ask: http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1643

GregMalick
11-22-2005, 06:49 PM
I'm confused???

isn't that what the / forward-slash key under the ? is used for

jpaugh78
11-22-2005, 08:15 PM
I was looking for this very same thing awhile back. And yes the forward slash "/" key does do this, i just tested it. I wasn't able to find it when i looked, and i asked a month or so ago and was told just to click on a blank space under the menus. "/" works just fine, no plugin needed, lol.

toby
11-22-2005, 09:35 PM
Unless you still have a tool selected, then it only drops the tool - I would like to be able to deselect points and polys without being forced to drop the tool...

jpaugh78
11-23-2005, 05:12 AM
Well, that link evenflcw posted works for that. On my system the space bar drops the current tool, and the "/ " key deselects the currently selected points/polys. Now with that plugin evenlcw mentioned, you can set a hotkey to deselect the currently selected polys and not have to drop the tool, which works very nicely. It will certainly save my wrist a lot of work.

toby
11-23-2005, 12:32 PM
That would be great, if they ported it to the Mac. I could get a pc but that would cause more problems than it solves :)

Fortunately I've decided to stay away from modeling :jam:

objuan
11-23-2005, 02:14 PM
Bless you kind sirs! The "/" key is beautiful and so is the plugin. Take that unnecessary movement!

Another hot key question, I like the key to in modeler to swap the FG and BG layers. Is there a key to bring all BG layers to the FG and then send them all back?

evenflcw
11-23-2005, 04:39 PM
That would be great, if they ported it to the Mac.

It was a simple enough task so I created an lscript, which naturally works on any platform. In this case, performance difference between plugin and script should be pretty much zero as the script just does a few command sequence function calls.

toby
11-23-2005, 07:01 PM
You rock!

I was wondering if it was script-able.

Also wondering if we can create macros in LW9 modeler, that might have done it too...

Dexter2999
11-23-2005, 08:10 PM
Another hot key question, I like the key to in modeler to swap the FG and BG layers. Is there a key to bring all BG layers to the FG and then send them all back?

If you have your Layers Panel open, click the check box under "F" next to the object name. This should make all layers the foreground. This is not a toggle function however and you have to click on a single layer to isolate it and hide the others. No quick way to send them back to the background that I know of.

ercaxus
11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I would like to have another key (read: escape) available and used for deselect and drop and stuff.
Seing / in my numeric panel and feeling really dumb until I realize (I switch to low IQ mode :stumped: when I'm trying to do some speed modeling) why I can't deselect is annoying. :bangwall: