PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Guitar

Matchias
11-22-2005, 08:23 AM
Hi
This Is My First Post Here And I Hope You'll Be Enjoy

In This Project I've Put Attention On The Reallity.
So We Have Here Dust, Fingerprint. I Wanted To Get A Pictures Like Real Photo.
So Please Tell Me Is It Good. Thanks
Software: LightWave 3D
Render Time 1024x768 About 5h

Demon
11-22-2005, 08:58 AM
very good... i liek that fingerprint, allthough i d suggest to make that fingerprint a bit smeary :) good work tho

cheers,

Demon

colkai
11-23-2005, 03:13 AM
Verrry nice, very nice indeed :D

loki74
11-23-2005, 06:15 PM
hmm... I swear ive seen this image before.

At any rate, as a guitar player I can say.. this is pretty damm good. The scratch to the left is a little odd imo, and somethings not right with the fingerprint.

But other than that.. great job. Excellent detail, esp the dust and winding on the strings. :thumbsup:

safarifx
11-24-2005, 01:26 AM
@matchias

welcome here.
the picture pleases me however the renderingtime is much too large.
why ?nevertheless beautiful picture;)

later & greetnx

safx

Matchias
11-24-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi
Thanks Averyone For Komments I'm Glad That My Guitar Was Received With Enthusiasm.
Loki74 - Yes, I Know The Fingerprint Should Be In Different Direction But I Think Now Is More Attractive.
Safarifx - My Hardwre: Athlon 2500 Barton; 512 MB Ram; Radeon 9200
In The Scane Was 5 Light Sources With Radiocity.

So Thanks Again

cc3d
11-26-2005, 06:43 PM
it is good

Riefki
12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
I like this very..very realistic

Mark Borok
12-11-2005, 03:51 PM
The modeling of the strings where they tie on to the pegs is really impressive.

The scratches don't quite work because they're too deep and look like someone intentionally took a knife and cut the wood there. I think the body of the guitar is more likely to get beat up than the head. My own guitar has been knocked around a bit and now that I look at it I don't see any scratches or scuff marks on the head.

The fingerprint is maybe just a bit too prominent. I don't know if you applied it to the diffuse channel, but if you did I would maybe keep it in the reflection and specular channels to dull the metal without making it look white in that area. This is coming from someone who has done almost no texturing, of course, so I could be completely wrong.