PDA

View Full Version : Modeler Command Window Gone ... Help pls

djgeenen
11-21-2005, 11:17 PM
While working in Modeler (Lightwave 8.0) the Command Window on the right and all the tabs on top have disappeared. Can anyone tell me how to get them back?

Thanks.

djgeenen
11-21-2005, 11:20 PM
The Modeler Command Window that disappeared was on the left not the right. It started with File, etc., and at the bottom has the position information.

ercaxus
11-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Could it be that you did Alt+F2 ?

djgeenen
11-22-2005, 01:08 AM
Yes, it could've been something like that. I'll have to learn what Alt+F2 does. In anycase I have gotten my Command Toolbar back and we are back in the saddle.

Pushing the 'd' key brought up the display menu and a Hide Toolbar Option was in the interface menu.

Since I'm here, what are those black triangles in Modeler and why do they sometimes appear. I'm guessing a geometric rule was broken. Is there a command to flatten a polygon into one-plane?

ercaxus
11-22-2005, 03:17 PM
You can "flatten" it in many ways,like set value(v key), but i don't know if you would like it. I don't even exactly know what type of problem it is but most of the time a high smooth(shift+M) would help a little.
Good luck :D

Hoopti
11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Since I'm here, what are those black triangles in Modeler and why do they sometimes appear. I'm guessing a geometric rule was broken. Is there a command to flatten a polygon into one-plane?
Those are non-planer polys. To fix, you can:

1. Use Subdivision by hitting the tab key
2. Triple all your polys by using the triple command.

That's the easiest of the ways to fix it.