PDA

View Full Version : Slipping Feet after export

jasonwestmas
11-21-2005, 10:55 PM
Hello,

I have this character that is being animated using IK booster. The character pivots and moves quite a bit with her feet. I managed to get pretty good foot action where I've elimiated all slipping of the feet by changing the graph editor curves to 'linear' for the legs and feet. However, when I export the character to Deep Exploration it's as if the 'linear curve' information didn't import into DE because the legs and feet slip around a little as if they are floating. I even baked the bones and the graph curves but still got the same results. Is there something else I can do to maybe insure that the feet will remain solid after export like it appears in Lightwave 8.5? Maybe I should just use traditional IK nulls with IKB?

Any help would be great!

ercaxus
11-22-2005, 12:50 AM
After you baked everything, did you try removing IKB plugin from the object? Maybe it will help.
Good luck. :D

jasonwestmas
11-22-2005, 12:00 PM
Yes:D Removing the IKB Modifier after motion Baking the leg rotations as well as the model's XYZ Position definately improoved the animation! Thanks again ercaxus!

ercaxus
11-22-2005, 03:09 PM
No problem :) I still can't use IKB for anything. It just gets me frustrated :cursin:

jasonwestmas
11-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Well it hasn't exactly been easy to get the legs and feet to remain planted when my character moves. I'm still trying to find out new ways to reduce the large amount of keys that IKB makes too.

Rory_L
11-22-2005, 07:42 PM
I'm still trying to find out new ways to reduce the large amount of keys that IKB makes too.

Have you got FI's KeyReducer? I love it. It has a 'Keep Peaks' function that in my opinion puts it above rivals such as KeyStrainer.

Cheers,

R

jasonwestmas
11-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Yeah I use Key Reducer after I Motion Bake. What I was refering to though is that IKB tends to make keys in unwanted areas if I'm not careful with which bone is selected and which keyframe create mode I'm in. I find I often have to move a chain of bones in the leg with a single handle and then I often have to click on another handle in the hip when in child mode so I don't keyframe the position of the model using parent mode and mess up other parts of the animation :P Things like that just takes more time and often enough, I forget to switch handles before I keyframe.