PDA

View Full Version : Can you do this in LW8?

jameshh
11-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I don't know what this is called, but a guy did this in Max with his own plug-in and I was wondering how you do this in LW8x

http://www.lysator.liu.se/~zap/chrome/

What is going on 'I think' is using a video clip relfection map for an object's surface.

Maybe this isn't the way to do it, but can you use a TGA sequence or an AVI file for a reflection map?

Thanks,

Jim

cgbloke2004
11-21-2005, 10:50 AM
dunno, it looks pretty straight forward to me - almost anything can be mapped to almost anything in lw [to a degree] - certainly mapping video footage as refl maps is - naturally some render passes might be requierd beforehand but with planning, yeah, i'd say it was straight forward..
[prepares to eat hat..]

i think polks environment or something similar might be useful - render out a spherical map based on the cameras position would mean that the reflection map looks correct for that objects position [ie. like the teapot on the keyboard on his example page].

Red_Oddity
11-22-2005, 06:56 AM
Don't know if there's a plugin that automates the process (or allows you to do it within the app itself) like that for LW.

You could however just load your BG image in HDRShop, crop the reflection sphere and do a Panoramic Transform, from Mirrored Ball to, say, Latitude/Longitude. Use that image as a reflection map on your objects.