PDA

View Full Version : Should I break it down or do it as one?

{G}
11-21-2005, 02:30 AM
Hey guys, I am animating some quick stuff for a need asap demo reel. I want to avoid stuffing up my animation, so I need to know...

Should I break down an animation sequence into the camera shots and make a new scene for each shot and only animate the bit in that shot.

On the other hand should I do the whole sequence as one using multiple cameras and just switch cameras and output from each camera for each shot?

Sorry if that sounds confusing,

Any help would be sweet. :)

krimpr
11-21-2005, 07:16 AM
It may not be the professional way of doing things, but I often use one camera and then keyframe accordingly using "step" for interpolation in the graph editor. (eg. keyframe one postion at frame 300, make radical camera position change at frame 301, keyframe and change from tcb spline to step for that key.) Maybe there is a better way, but in some intances it's like a built-in edit.

spec24
11-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Hey guys, I am animating some quick stuff for a need asap demo reel. I want to avoid stuffing up my animation, so I need to know...

Should I break down an animation sequence into the camera shots and make a new scene for each shot and only animate the bit in that shot.

On the other hand should I do the whole sequence as one using multiple cameras and just switch cameras and output from each camera for each shot?

Sorry if that sounds confusing,

Any help would be sweet. :)

I always break it down into multiple scenes. Often times I'll save one scene as the next scene if they are similar (maybe just a different camera angle). This helps, as often you may want to light the scene different;y from the different angle which is usually the case. Your fill lights and subject light usually needs to be adjusted. So instead of fiddling with lots of different lights for different camera renders (just one problem you may encounter) try breaking it down.

{G}
11-22-2005, 01:20 AM
Yes after much deliberation I will break the scene up, just makes it easier I think

I think it will help in case I stuff up some of the animation too, that way I can reset it and not screw up the whole lot :D

Thankyou for your thoughts