PDA

View Full Version : Is this a bug or normal behaviour?

Matt
11-19-2005, 08:11 PM
I remember Proton showing a technique for lighting a scene with the Imageworld plugin but also applying a white background image to hide the wrapped Imageworld image.

Then I noticed that transparent surfaces still show the Imageworld image instead of the white background, is this a bug or is it normal behaviour?

See here:

RedBull
11-19-2005, 08:24 PM
One man's bug is another mans feature.....
And for me, i think that would be a bug laiden feature.... ???

I just tried it, and for me i loaded a Image world, a Background image and a
transparent poly.... Behind the poly, had the BG Image..... (not Image World)
Like yours shows... (bugger!)

However My surface editor preview, shows a transparent sphere over the image world image, as does Viper.......

Panikos
11-19-2005, 10:36 PM
Environment Plugins are composited on top of Backdrop, i.e you can mix Backdrop with Envinonment plugins similarly to Surfacing.
Backdrop and Environment plugins result depends on the camera angle, zoom, etc

Background its an other story and is used when you want to composite an animation on a static image or image sequence. Background is always there no matter where the camera is looking at.

(You can substitute Background with a very large poly, having FrontProjection of the image you want, 100% Lum, zero rest.)

If I were you, I would have render my thingy with alpha channel and compose, cause mixing Background images with Imageworld creates such problems.
LW is for animation primarily, not compositing.

toonafish
11-20-2005, 08:15 AM
did you try setting the refraction options of the glass in the environment tab of the surface panel to raytracing + spherical map and your white backdrop image as the spherical map ?