PDA

View Full Version : bone dynamics? Ragdoll?

Ramen Sama
11-19-2005, 11:46 AM
I read on the board you can use bone dynamics for a ragdoll effect. But the LW Help file has nothing on this topic. Can someone explain how i can go about this?

Hoopti
11-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Here's the answer. Larry hit it right on the head.

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=32386

This will work perfectly for what you want.

Hoop

Ramen Sama
11-20-2005, 07:02 PM
yeah, i read that before.

"You could also use Bones and bone dynamics."

is quoted from that link. I am using bones, and want to use bone dynamics, but there isn't any thing about "bone dynamics" in help docs. So i can't really figure out how to turn on bone dynamics.

meanlebh
11-20-2005, 08:27 PM
I could be wrong, and someone please correct me if i am....but you need to be using ik booster to take advantage of bone dynamics...not sure whether or not you are, I do not have lw in front of me right now, so i can't really walk through the steps of how to do it...but hopefully someone else here who knows more about it than i could do it.....

Hoopti
11-21-2005, 04:35 PM
yeah, i read that before.

"You could also use Bones and bone dynamics."

is quoted from that link. I am using bones, and want to use bone dynamics, but there isn't any thing about "bone dynamics" in help docs. So i can't really figure out how to turn on bone dynamics.

I think for the ragdoll effect, he was actually saying to use a 2 point poly chain setup, apply cloth FX to it, and then use FX_METALINK to get your object to follow the actions of the two point poly chain. That should give you your ragdoll effect.

Hoop

Ramen Sama
11-21-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh, i think i understand. I'll try that and see what happens. tough, it'd really be nice to just use the existing bones to do all the work.

ercaxus
11-22-2005, 12:52 AM
IK booster should be the easiest soulution(I guess). :)