PDA

View Full Version : Two monitors LW configuration

ildefonso
11-19-2005, 04:52 AM
Hi my dear LW fellows.
I'm trying to use LW whith two monitors so that I can have an extended desktop :D . In one I have the main interface and I want to use the other to stick ther all the popup menus and panels I need (surface editor, scene editor, and so on).
Everything works fine but the buttons in the second monitor do'nt work. I can imput numerical data in the appropiate fiels, move sliders, even the tabs work but if I want to push any button I have to take the popup menu or panel again to the main monitor area.
I'm using LW 7.5d, Windows XP Pro and an ATI X800/256MB graphic card whith the las drivers.
Thanks a lot in advance

DMarkwick
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
Well I run LW on 2 monitors and have no problems at all, sorry for the lack of any help. The only thing I might suggest is looking at specific driver options or changing drivers. I run a NVidia board so I can't even help there.

If you drag a window to the first monitor, do the buttons become useable? If so then I would suggest driver problems.

ildefonso
11-22-2005, 08:39 AM
First of all thanks for trying to help me, Mark.
Yes, when I drag the window to the first monitor y have no problem to use any button in that window, only when I try to use the same button in the second monitor it does'nt work.
Me too think it should be a display driver problem because I've been unable to find any configuration advice in the LW documentation, but I've try the latetst ATI Catalyst driver and this did'nt solve the problem.

DMarkwick
11-22-2005, 09:05 AM
My only suggestion would be to try and find drivers that Newtek specifically recommend, if any. Or perhaps reinstall older drivers, if you can be bothered with doing all that. :)

Good luck in finding a solution in any case.

habaņero
11-22-2005, 10:41 AM
Ati is not the luckyest pick for LW. And even on Nvidia, the driver is important. 77.77 is the latest I had luck with.

MarcoFromBel
11-27-2005, 12:30 PM
Hello guys!

I've got the same problem with my two monitors and my Ati's graphic card (X700 256Mb): My timelime doesn't fit to the two screens, but all other things works fine.

My deduction is simple: ATi is really not a good graphic card for the dual-screen. My next GC will be a nVidia coz:

- ATi doesn't support extended taskbar under XP ( I use UltraMon to extend it)

- My timeline is cutted.

newsvixen8
11-29-2005, 05:08 AM
Hate to say it, but I have the same issue, using nVidia Quadro FX 3400 graphics card, latest driver. I just got used to leaving some menus on the primary screen to adjust parameters.

StereoMike
11-29-2005, 05:48 AM
mmmhhhhhh.....

that's why I love my 24" widescreen so much....

:heart:

*runs for cover*

mokba
11-30-2005, 09:52 PM
Im running an ATI video card and had this same difficulty. When 8.5 came out it all went away. Sorry I don't have a technical reason for all this but for me it ended up solving itself. mokba

newsvixen8
12-01-2005, 05:39 AM
Or Newtek solved it for us! I'm skipping 8.5 to just wait for 9... maybe I'll get lucky there! :)

JoeK
12-02-2005, 01:25 PM
For the people running ATI, are you all using "Hydravision"? I'm running an ATI dual monitors w/ "Hydravision" drivers on top of the Catalyst drivers and have no problem.

"Hydravision" drivers are on the ATI driver download site.

nemac4
12-02-2005, 02:44 PM
I'm wondering if it could be a mouse/tablet driver problem. Really odd. :confused:

Qslugs
12-03-2005, 12:59 AM
x800 usere here. I used the x800 to fireglx3 hack/patch. It solved all my display issues across multiple packages.

http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/

Theres a page in their forums about applying the patch/hack. Their forums are temporarly down, you'll have to locate that yourself.

I can honestly say that I have had not a single issue since applying the patch 2 weeks ago. I have been using LW, after FX and a few other heavy opengl programs nonstop the past week without issue.

check out this link:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=17630