PDA

View Full Version : Simulating air without extra geometry.

Stooch
11-18-2005, 01:27 PM
I need to know if this is possible with a free shader or some other technique.

Here is the deal, i am using alot of realflow for my projects and im stuck with using realflow in mesh mode because flowtracer is buggy and not supported and hypervoxels are not useable for liquid rendering (not of the kind i need).

so im stuck with meshes, however there isnt a way to render proper refraction since the meshes realflow generates are just a single sided polygon, and since there are 400 frames with a mesh for each, there is no effective way to create AIR geometry for all those meshes!!! so is there a way for lightwave to do this with a surface shader? i basically need a shader that would automatically invert the polygons and apply its own refractive value? I mean, this is a really really horrible limitation of lightwave and the way to get around it is extremely backwards and inefficient.....

:twak:

habaņero
11-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Asa_Lasi will do this I think, as well as thickness based transparency. I don't remember if you have to toggle double sided or not, anyway I think that was my solution when I fiddled with realflow.

pooby
11-18-2005, 04:09 PM
G2 from Worley does this.

toby
11-18-2005, 04:48 PM
Double sided may be all you need to do -