PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime VR Objects

Johnsongraphix
11-18-2005, 10:24 AM
I'm looking for any and all information concerning Quicktime VR objects. I have easily managed to create cubic vr's with no problems and no questions. Now that I need to create a QTVR object, I am filled with questions. Here's some of my objectives:
Obviously I need to create a QTVR object. no problem (I downloaded the scene file template).
My object needs to load initially into QT with the camera looking straight at the objects front. (Currently it opens looking straight down on the top of the object.)
My object needs to rotate slowly and automaticaly until the user decides to grab and rotate the object manually.
The file size needs to be web deployable.
Is there Quicktime expert advise available somehow?
I have QT pro, do I need more tools?
Ryan

Mylenium
11-18-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm looking for any and all information concerning Quicktime VR objects. I have easily managed to create cubic vr's with no problems and no questions. Now that I need to create a QTVR object, I am filled with questions. Here's some of my objectives:
Obviously I need to create a QTVR object. no problem (I downloaded the scene file template).
My object needs to load initially into QT with the camera looking straight at the objects front. (Currently it opens looking straight down on the top of the object.)
My object needs to rotate slowly and automaticaly until the user decides to grab and rotate the object manually.
The file size needs to be web deployable.
Is there Quicktime expert advise available somehow?
I have QT pro, do I need more tools?
Ryan

Quicktime Pro won't do if you need more options, methinks. You need an authoring tool such as Apple's own QTVR authoring tool or RealViz Stitcher. However, I think in your case you could get away with adjusting the template (or rotating your scene so it fits the template - whichever is easier to do). You could then force looped playback using a switch when embedding the object into your website (is documented somewhere on Apple's site). The user could still always grab the object and rotate it.

Mylenium

Johnsongraphix
11-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. Have you created many QT objects? Do you have any examples of these? I have QT authoring studio, which is an old application (I wish they would make an OSX version). I tried rendering the frames in Fprime, then bringing the frames into QT authoring studio and in order to make it work properly I would have to copy and paste each row into a new column. I found this very tedious and cumbersome. Isn't anything easy? I'll keep serching for information and maybe someday i'll be answering someone elses QT questions.
Ryan

Mylenium
11-19-2005, 02:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. Have you created many QT objects? Do you have any examples of these? I have QT authoring studio, which is an old application (I wish they would make an OSX version). I tried rendering the frames in Fprime, then bringing the frames into QT authoring studio and in order to make it work properly I would have to copy and paste each row into a new column. I found this very tedious and cumbersome. Isn't anything easy? I'll keep serching for information and maybe someday i'll be answering someone elses QT questions.
Ryan

No, not really. Like so many things I do I only try for fun and then nothing serious comes of it. Can't remember exactly, but I think it was Stitcher. It's mostly automated there - you simply pick your directory containing the images and it will arrange them for you using automated analysis. After that you can tweak it to your taste and fire it out. It's really straightforward. If you're doing such things regularly, it would be good to at least check out the trial version.

Mylenium