PDA

View Full Version : CG Player crashes VT2

Ramey
05-08-2003, 12:47 PM
Hey folks,

When I attempt to load a CG page from the file bin into the CG player, it crashes the T2. And, no the CG progam is not running. We are running the latest T2 software as installed by Video Hardware Services.

Anyone else have this problem?

TIA.

Ramey

webstage
05-09-2003, 04:50 AM
yes
yes
and........
yes

jcupp
05-09-2003, 10:46 AM
Don't use the CG player. Use a DDR it works reliably.

Dick Nelson
05-17-2003, 05:06 PM
I don't understand why I keep seeing/hearing this advice about not using the CG player. Even the dealer who sold us our VT[2] made that suggestion.

We ignored his advice and have been using the CG player every day since we put the Toaster on line (in mid-March) and have had nary a problem. It is MUCH easier to use the CG player for DSKs than to use the DDR, the main reason being that you don't have to convert your CGs to targa files. We have about 50 CGs per newscast, and it's easy to simply arrange them in proper order in the CG, save the project, and then load the project into the CG player.

What IS a problem is that the CG itself often locks up during the creation of the CGs. But the CG PLAYER is trouble-free.

jcupp
05-17-2003, 11:04 PM
For some people it works great others have problems that range from crashes to weird "blinks" when they display a page so we recommend not using it if there is any indication of problems rather than risk failures during a live program.