PDA

View Full Version : PCT file oddity--correct in viewport, but won't render

Crocodilian
11-16-2005, 02:21 PM
I'm posting this here, even though its solved, because it may apply to someone else.

PCT files used as textures appear correctly in your Open GL viewport; but they don't render. Docs somewhere describe supported formats, and PCT isn't one of them . . . just something to remember if you're puzzling over this one.

toby
11-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Works for me, .pict and .pct. I have had trouble with different formats at different times, jpeg, tiff, tga, etc. Maybe it's a current build and OS combination, or something in your preference files, or try deleting the i/o plugin and rescan it.

kief
11-20-2005, 06:26 PM
You may want to check in ps if there is an unwanted alpha channel.

marlo.steed
11-20-2005, 08:29 PM
alpha channel would be my first thought as well - you can disable the alpha channel, in the surface editor by going to the image editor - look for the check box or pull down menu to disable the alpha channel. I had that problem with some photoshop files and this fixed the problem.

Crocodilian
11-20-2005, 08:54 PM
Hmm. I'm going to have to go back and look at this. I'm using PCTs generated by Artmatic Voyager as background plates and for front projection. I am not consistently able to get the textures to render. . .even they show in the viewport.

I will have to puzzle this through a bit further.

toby
11-21-2005, 01:02 AM
yea they're right, a texture that shows in the viewport but not in the render is a classic sign of a solid white alpha in the image -

Crocodilian
11-21-2005, 01:20 PM
You guys are right!

It is the alpha-- weird, because I didn't know that the images had an alpha channel

Thank you!