PDA

View Full Version : URGENT Please Help!

smmuck
11-16-2005, 01:36 AM
Hello everybody i really need your knowledge right now I was rendering one frame of a scene but my computer told me after 30 hours of rendering "not enough memory to process image".Would this be because i turned up the segment memory to 75MB? The entire scene i am randering is 4800 x6600 (16x22). I have volumetrics on 4 lights. I have a glow on all for of the lights at 100 px each. And the big one is i have 7047846 polygons if my mathematics are correct. I was rendering on a dual 2 ghz w/2gb ram when it crashed. I started the rendering on a dual 2.5 ghz w/4 gb ram with the same memory segment and same everything else. I WILL NOT GRADUATE IF I DO NOT HAVE THIS FINISHED ON THE DUE DATE. I know this is my own fault but please help me if you can.
Thank you very very much.
sean m
:help:

BeeVee
11-16-2005, 02:10 AM
Did you do the render on F9? The best way to conserve memory is to save the final scene out for rendering, reboot and use DStorm's free LWSNC to render it http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/other.htm.

B

smmuck
11-16-2005, 02:27 AM
what would this plugin do? I rendered using F10 render. Do i need to stop my current rendering do you think it wil crash on this g5 dual 2.5 ghz w/4gb ram, at 75mg segment memory? I caustics and radiostiy turned off. Its been going for 14.5 hours right now and its a little less than half done. I would hate to stop the render if the computer might be able to handle it.
thank for your quick response
sean