PDA

View Full Version : Surface presets dissapeared

twine
11-16-2005, 01:13 AM
I recently reinstalled my OS and hence all my programs. Now in layout none of the surface presets are there anymore. Is there a way to manually install them? I did scan for plugins etc, but I get the impression that they aren't going to be in there.

yazan
11-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Not sure what you're on when you say OS. windows, mac? But anyway, you can manually install your surface presets by well grabbing the presets folder or just installing the contents CD from lightwave. It should be placed into the Lightwave-->Programs-->Presets-->Surface Editor-->Surface Presets--> and here's where you'd have the workplace or rocks or metals folders each with its sets of srufaces.
Yazan
Hope that helps

Dodgy
11-16-2005, 03:19 AM
If you had any presets of your own, you may have lost them. As Yazan says, your presets directory should be in your programs>presets directory, and if you didn't back that up, all you'll have is your default LW presets :(

twine
11-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Ok thanks guys, I just reinstalled them. And yes I have lost my own presets, but as i am just learning about layout I didnt loose much.
But I have just discovered another problem with my new install of LW. (WindowsXP by the way) I saved my models on to my second hard drive before reinstalling my OS. Now when I load them into modeller the uv mapsthat I put on the different surfaces are gone. I have replaced my image folder which is where all my images for uv maps is kept, and it does appear to load up fine. But only with the basic colour attribute given when i named each surface. So the images are where they were before, but they dont seem to load onto each surface. Have I lost the uv's?
Is there a folder that I needed to save onto my other hard drive other than the model and the uv image before I reinstalled?
I thought i'd check before I have to remap all my uv's. And also the next time I reinstall I will have a heck of a lot more work to back up!