PDA

View Full Version : Hotkey and a problem

Thondal
11-14-2005, 10:38 AM
Hi, just got lighwave eight.. and learning some tut's, but the thing is, the dude in the tut is always using expand selection... anyone wanna help me by telling what the shorcut for expand selection is??? And one more thing, my symetri, doesn't work? I push shift+y and i push the button to, and it get's highlighted, but nothing happens on the other side when i try too move things around, only one side is affected

-Thondal-

monfoodoo
11-14-2005, 10:42 AM
shift } is the keyboard expand from poly or points. scott

Thondal
11-14-2005, 10:56 AM
i don't have that key... i hace 0 and = on that one, and i have to push alt and ctrl to get } so... any idea what to do then? by the way, any idea about the symetri thing?

gjjackson
11-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Symmetry only works if the center is on the x-axis. Using F2 will center the object for that. You must have an odd keyborad not to have the } key. In any event you can change the hotkeys.

Hoopti
11-14-2005, 12:31 PM
i don't have that key... i hace 0 and = on that one, and i have to push alt and ctrl to get } so... any idea what to do then? by the way, any idea about the symetri thing?

Don't forget, you can go in and change the shortcut keys to anything you want. You can do this on a per project basis like your tutorial, or do it on an overall basis.

That may make it easier to follow along.

gerry_g
11-14-2005, 05:19 PM

The '}' key is above the ']' key (which are the square bracket keys and are after the 'P' key) it's never referred to as Expand selection = Shift + '}' but Shift + ']' just as contract selection is referred to as Shift + '['

Thondal
11-15-2005, 07:48 AM
i got a norwegian keyboard, so it's not the same layout...

gjjackson
11-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Take a picture of it and let us see it.

Thondal
11-15-2005, 08:30 AM
I figured out the keyboard thing... anywais, but my problem with the symetri thing is still going on... somepart of the model the symetri is working, but if you look at the lip

i tried to move the lip on a human head, but only one side was affected but the other side didn't even budge, and symetri is turned on, and i have centered the head