PDA

View Full Version : Render Outside of the Box...Question

Wickster
11-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Hi All, Is there any way I could render a scene without opening up layout? I know I can do it in other apps by right clicking on the scene and choosing "Render" on the context menu.
I usually render scenes overnight and it would be quite useful for my scenes to render without the Layout interface (less memory to use).
I also notice that the Lightwave Autobench program can open your scene and render a scene without opening Layout, by way of LWSN.exe. So I know its possible, I just lack the brain cafiene to figure it out. :D

Thanks!

MonroePoteet
11-14-2005, 03:10 PM
Check out this thread, especially the attached TXT file (sample BAT file).

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?t=41671

mTp

Wickster
11-14-2005, 05:03 PM
Sweet! I was looking for a more easier approach like in the context menu, but this will do just fine. :D

MonroePoteet
11-14-2005, 08:08 PM
What a great idea! Here's a quick application that sets up the parameters for LWSN to render a scene. The EXE must be moved into the Programs folder for Lightwave.

Please read the TXT file included in the ZIP file for usage instructions, assumptions regarding the content directory, and directions for setting up the right-click "Render" option for LWS files.

Note that I've only tested it under Windows 2000. Hope it works for you!

mTp

BeeVee
11-15-2005, 02:06 AM
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/other.htm

LWSNC is what you want...

B

Wickster
11-16-2005, 01:55 AM
@ MonroePoteet

It doesn't seem to run on context mode. Though It runs when i type it on the command line...weird.

Any solutions?

@BeeVee
Thanks this one works fine but I kinda like MonroePoteet's way of just right clicking on the file and it will render. But this is really useful for batch rendering many scenes though, so thanks.

edit: a few minutes later...

@ MonroePoteet
OK I got it to work (Win XP Pro w/ SP2). The dialog file was giving me my default content directory. My scene was in a folder inside the scenes folder. So on the scene to render field, I had to type the whole path: "C:\Lightwave\Content\Scenes\CLogo\Clogo.lws"

I doesn't seem to detect the the second field (content directory) even though it was written "C:\Lightwave\Content\Scenes\CLogo."

edited again: a few more minutes later...

@ MonroePoteet
I got it to work again this time with these settings:
Scene to Render: CLogo.lws
Content Directory: C:\Lightwave\Content\Scenes\CLogo

Is there anyway to make this default this way on all lws files? Maybe Newtek can pre install this with Lightwave [9] so context rendering will be standard from then on.

Matt
11-16-2005, 10:32 AM
For minimal overhead, but a neat interface, look no further than LWQ (LightWave Queue).

I used this for ages until I figured out ScreamerNet!

Grab it here:

http://interialabs.de/lw/lscript/

Cheers
Matt

MonroePoteet
11-16-2005, 10:56 AM
So many options!

If you decide to use the little app I wrote, I updated it to recognize subdirectories under the Scenes file, put in a Browse button to select another LWS or Content Dir rather than having to type them in, and changed the default options to "Interactive" and "no LOG file".

The new revision is in the previous post's attachment.

If you think the default options should be "Detached" and "Create LOG file", let me know. Depends on what you'll be doing most of the time: having the LWSN window up, or running in the background.

mTp

Wickster
11-16-2005, 12:47 PM
Thanks so much, all of you. I'll try all apps tonight and let you know how it all works out.