PDA

View Full Version : Adding images with surface texture not working...

DJ Dougster
11-13-2005, 11:22 AM
Hi guys,

Sorry to bug you again with this question, but I still seem to be having problems.

I've been trying in vain to get a picture in the background so I can trace points over the image, however I don't seem to be having any luck. I largely know what I am doing for the rest of it, once I get this image problem sorted. Is there any other way to put in a background image?

Thanks

Dug

Dodgy
11-13-2005, 02:04 PM
Load the image using the image editor. Go into Display otpions and Backdrop, and put it in there... What are you doing that means it doesn't work?

mkiii
11-13-2005, 05:37 PM
...And further to that, make sure you have Show Backdrop enabled in the general Display Options/Layout tab, and that the specific viewport itself does not have backdrops disabled under the Display Options/backdrops tab.

And don't try using it on a Perspective view - it won't work.

Hoopti
11-14-2005, 08:49 AM
There's a free video over at simplylightwave.com that shows how to load images in the background of modeler I believe too if you're still having issues.

Hoop

DJ Dougster
11-14-2005, 01:54 PM
This seems to be working now. It looks like I have to load images from the display options in the backdrop tab.
Thanks guys :)

Wonderpup
11-15-2005, 04:40 AM
Don't forget to save out the reference images configs; they don't reload automaticly when you open the model file. I find I have to reload them manualy each time.