PDA

View Full Version : Cannot find IKB Calculate Tool 8.5

monfoodoo
11-12-2005, 10:31 PM
Checking out the 21k booster tutorial and got to "click on IKB Calculate Tool" and it,s not there,so i went to menue setup .Could'nt find it,so i did a search with the correct wording .It says it's not there as a plugin.i can't find it anywhere. Scott

Hoopti
11-13-2005, 10:54 AM
hmmm..... mine's right there on the Modify->Tools part of the menu right under the button for IKB. Have you rescanned your plugins folder? If you need to add it, it's simply a renamed FX_Start button. FX_Start is under thhe plugins folder in Layout. Find that to add in and it should work for you.

Hint, if you need to ever recalc dynamics, you can press that button too instead of opening item properties and hitting the calculate button too.

Hoop

monfoodoo
11-13-2005, 06:21 PM
I found FX_Tool ,What's that?,it's not in the online help manual. But no FX Start to be found. scott

Hoopti
11-14-2005, 08:47 AM
When you say you found FX Tool, did you go into the menu editor to add it manually? That's where FX Start is and can be placed on the menu where you want it to be.

Another option would be to:

1. Open menu editor and select Default Menu configuration
2. Rescan the plugins directory.
3. Open the menu editor and select Defaul menu configuration again.

Close down the program, and restart. It should be there then. If you're using a customized menu, you'll need to recustomize at that point. Otherwise, you can rescan your plugin folder. You may need to restart the program to see all the changes. Go into the menu editor, and FX start should be there under the plugins folder.

Hope that helps.

monfoodoo
11-14-2005, 10:06 AM
Yes,that worked. It's all there now,thanks.

Hoopti
11-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Woot!!

Glad it helped.

Oh yeah, to answer your other question, the FX_Tool one you saw is actually the Modify->Tools->Edit Tool item.

Hoop