PDA

View Full Version : Grammar on newtek's front page!!

lardbros
11-11-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm no english teacher, and yes i understand that some things on the Newtek site may be written by people who don't have english as a first language, but it just looks very unprofessional with grammar and spelling like this:

LightWave 3D 8 introducted some full pledged features to create and edit bones right in Layout giving you full flexibility when it comes to rigging. Also introducted in LW 8 is IL (inverse Kinematics) Booster which applies IK Handles on all created bones automatically. You can also apply dynamics to bones using this tool.

I'm not being pompous i hope, i just like stuff like this to be right... it creates a good impression! Just delete the 't's please? and change the "pledged" to fledged, then the 'IL' to IK.

Dodgy
11-11-2005, 07:06 PM
I second this, I'm terribly anal about this stuff LOL Get it sorted!

Signal to Noise
11-11-2005, 10:50 PM
Have you read the LW [8] on-line manual? Better take some aspirin and sit down. ;)

It appears NewTek let the Intern play on the computer today. :D

hazmat777
11-12-2005, 12:36 AM
I love NewTek and my LW 8.5 dearly, but I must say this looks really bad...help :confused:

lardbros
11-12-2005, 03:22 AM
Glad it's not just me then! It's a pet hate i have... and i can usually forgive typos where the odd letter is replaced by one next to it on the keyboard, but this just got on my tits.

habañero
11-12-2005, 10:41 AM
Its all about commucation.

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/offer-seats.jpg

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/terminating-machine.jpg

http://www.engrish.com/image/engrish/spoony.jpg

Good ol engrish.com (http://www.engrish.com/) :D

jeremyhardin
11-12-2005, 10:51 AM
those pics are hilarious!

yeah, i can understand this stuff happening. i just don't understand why its still that way and hasn't been corrected.

toonafish
11-13-2005, 03:50 PM
the grammar is bad but the graphics are worse...geez that LW 8.5 banner makes my eyes hurt .

Jim_C
11-13-2005, 03:56 PM
Crippie and Gravid. GREAT 80's duo!!

:boogiedow

Klowno
11-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Gravid also means pregnant in swedish, think they got some languages mixed
up there.

Funny pics :)

BazC
11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Gravid means pregnant in English too but it's usually used by biologists in a more technical sense :)

Brian Arndt
11-14-2005, 09:07 AM
we had left he original text that Stephan Noreiga had written. It has been corrected.

cagey5
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Ohhh no it's not!

lardbros
11-14-2005, 12:22 PM
we had left he original text that Stephan Noreiga had written. It has been corrected.

Yeah that's what i thought may have happened and why i tried not to insult anyone!

Much better! :D Although isn't it fully fledged? Doesn't really matter, sorry for being so fickle too! :D

Safe Harbor
11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Do you remember Apple's comeback slogan of the mid 90's -

Think Different

Grammatically speaking, it should have been Think Differently. That always drove me crazy.

lardbros
11-14-2005, 12:32 PM
Do you remember Apple's comeback slogan of the mid 90's -

Think Different

Grammatically speaking, it should have been Think Differently. That always drove me crazy.

Hahaha, i never knowed about that won. It would have droved me crazy two!

:D :D :D (are these smilies sarcastic enough?)

BazC
11-14-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah that's what i thought may have happened and why i tried not to insult anyone!

Much better! :D Although isn't it fully fledged? Doesn't really matter, sorry for being so fickle too! :D

No I think full fledged is correct too, as in full figured, full face etc. :)

JReble
11-14-2005, 01:29 PM
This one's my fav....

nakrul
11-15-2005, 10:27 PM
well, I guess they don't care because its still there...

BeeVee
11-16-2005, 02:07 AM
Perhaps you need to refresh the page? It's fine here.

B

Brian Arndt
11-18-2005, 11:32 AM
The US Army:
"An Army of One"

ar·my Audio pronunciation of "Army" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ärm)
n. pl. ar·mies

1. A large body of people organized and trained for land warfare.
2. often Army The entire military land forces of a country.
3. A tactical and administrative military unit consisting of a headquarters, two or more corps, and auxiliary forces.

2. A large group of people organized for a specific cause: the construction army that built the Panama Canal.
3. A multitude; a host: An army of waiters served at the banquet. See Synonyms at multitude.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=Army

--------------
as far as the grammar. . it should be fixed already

spec24
11-22-2005, 07:04 AM
don't forget AOL's "You've got mail." :D

tonybliss
11-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Thanks everyone for bringing that to my notice (and Newtek's). I write tons of these tutorials for my 3d class, work on multimedia projects, take care of a family and take time to shag. I will 'try' to proof my tuts better in the future :) - I only check to make sure everything is there :D

Again thanks ... Me to is very pratriculer wit meye speling and grammmer
U wud nut beeleve dat i has a distinkshun in O'Level Inglish

Dat Sukz :D :D :D

lardbros
11-24-2005, 11:02 AM
Thanks everyone for bringing that to my notice (and Newtek's). I write tons of these tutorials for my 3d class, work on multimedia projects, take care of a family and take time to shag. I will 'try' to proof my tuts better in the future :) - I only check to make sure everything is there :D

Again thanks ... Me to is very pratriculer wit meye speling and grammmer
U wud nut beeleve dat i has a distinkshun in O'Level Inglish

Dat Sukz :D :D :D

Cool, glad you didn't take it personally!! Your tut was very useful, so looking forward to seeing more!!

Taking time to shag??

I think that's a tiny bit too much info for me! :D

tonybliss
11-24-2005, 11:28 AM
Why should I take it personally ... it all about self improvement ... new thing for me to improve.

Shagging is good :D No Shagging is Bad :(

Again Cheers !!