PDA

View Full Version : .png sequence playback in the toasteredit.

Reto
05-08-2003, 08:29 AM
Hi All,

A *very* newbie question I'm afraid, but here it is non-the-less:

How do I get playback speed to 25fps on a PAL setup on a sequence of png files?

therender_0001.png

to

therender_1000.png

Thats the format, but the problem is if I set preferences to still duration of 1 frame, only one frame imports from the dragged folder into toasteredit.

The workaround is setting preferences to still image 1 second and doing a 2500% speed up, but then I have no compositing features and playback is sometimes droppy.

Any help taken.

Kind Regards,
Reto.

weaponsInspecto
05-08-2003, 09:17 AM
Your question is very confusing. Can you please restate it another way or add a little more detail?

bbeanan
05-08-2003, 10:50 AM
I normally import my pngs into a ddr and render out to a file, then use that file in my project

Scott Bates
05-08-2003, 11:42 AM
...the problem is if I set preferences to still duration of 1 frame, only one frame imports from the dragged folder into toasteredit.
Interesting, you may have discovered a bug. When we drag a folder of stills into TEd we should get all the stills and they should each be whatever duration we have set in Preferences. I just tried it (VTP3890) and any Preferences duration except 1 frame performs as advertized. Howerver, when I tried a 1 frame Prefs setting I got the same result you apparently did; only the first still in the folder appeared in the project (which was set to one frame).

Rich Deustachio
05-08-2003, 11:49 AM
Scott, make sure you have your pref setting for offset, set to 0, if not it will shrink it down in size and you will have to select the clip and hit the G key to make it full length.

Reto, are these rendered animation stills sequences? You can load those in Aura then save out as RTV. Use the import image sequence, then select the first frame and it will load the entire sequence into Aura.

Scott Bates
05-08-2003, 12:17 PM
I always have TEd Offset set to None (0). What I just discovered after your caution, however, is the "G" trick only works if I hit it immediately after I drag the folder into TEd and then Expand Subproject as step 2; if I Expand Subproject first and then hit G then I only get the first frame as Reto said. Strange ... or maybe not ... is that the way it's supposed to work?

Danner
05-09-2003, 01:37 AM
PNGs are a lossless compressed format that will tax your sistem resourses to play them back, render them out to an RTV

Reto
05-09-2003, 01:43 AM
This is why i'm using the png format.

Regards,
Reto.

Danner
05-09-2003, 08:57 PM
load your PNG sequence into aura with NO preload (so they don't load into memory) export it out as an RTV with alpha.