PDA

View Full Version : Denver/Boulder LWUG?

firegryphon
11-11-2005, 11:57 AM
I've seen some thread activity in the past on a Denver/Boulder Lightwave User's Group, but nothing very recent. Is there a LWUG here, and if there isn't is there enough interest to create one?

Darren

Willax
11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Although I don't live there, yet, I would be interested in a LW group in this area for when I move. Especially since I'm moving my business (video production work) to the area, it would be nice to network with all LW people around.

Willax

somnambulance
11-11-2005, 06:58 PM
I'd be into it. See if any other interest surfaces.

ACLOBO
11-13-2005, 03:13 PM
I live in the Denver Metro area and I knowt that there are a couple of places around that deal in Newtek Products. I know the COMPUTER ROOM in Aurora, used to deal with a lot of video production stuff (used to get my Amiga stuff there). I think they used to host a general Newtek group that dealt with lightwave and video toaster use. I don't know if they are still active as I have not been to that store in about 1-2 years. I am pretty sure it is still there though. There is also a production place / store called 5280 or soomething like that.

Then again, when things settle down and I get a new job after this one is finished, I might be interested in joining a group as well.

-Adrian

KevinL
11-15-2005, 03:03 PM
I am also in the Denver/Metro Area. I have been principally active in video and video post (Heavy on editing and motion graphics) but I have used Lightwave since 4.0 and would like to ramp up this area of my creative beast :D

objuan
11-15-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm game. I have a nice space pretty much downtown Denver which could be good for a get together. These next couple months look pretty hectic. So maybe everyone should try to put together a little demo of their work, or a good technique, and we can gather early next year, and get this community rolling...

Ocean

KevinL
11-16-2005, 12:37 PM
A couple of months works for me as I am wrapping some stuff up as well.

I think it would be grand to meet fellow wavers.....

Wave on!

firegryphon
11-16-2005, 03:19 PM
I live in the Denver Metro area and I knowt that there are a couple of places around that deal in Newtek Products. I know the COMPUTER ROOM in Aurora, used to deal with a lot of video production stuff (used to get my Amiga stuff there). I think they used to host a general Newtek group that dealt with lightwave and video toaster use. I don't know if they are still active as I have not been to that store in about 1-2 years. I am pretty sure it is still there though.

I found the Computer Room's website (http://www.computerroom.com) (http://www.computerroom.com) however when I called the number there, I got a messaging saying it was disconnected or no longer in service. If anyone knows a better contact number for them, I'll call them there.

Since I've only just started with LW, a couple of months might actually be long enough for me to have something to show for it, at least if I'm still in the area come the first of the year.

Darren

KevinL
11-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Sadly, when I went there for the pre LW 8 rollout it was deserted and very run down. I guess maybe they have gone away. The passing of an era....

Johnsongraphix
11-18-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm looking as well to meet with and work with LW users in the Denver area. Although, I'm in Ohio, my work exists in Denver. I will be moving out there eventually, so finding my peers that speak the 3d language and finding those pationate about art is important right now for future recruting. If there is any further information about this, please contact me via email. Also, you can view my portfolio site at http://homepage.mac.com/johnsonryan

somnambulance
12-05-2005, 09:16 PM
Any updates here?

KevinL
12-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Yeah I have an eye out on the thread. I am involved on a final and finish, through to the holiday. Things should slack a bit after the new year and then we ought to at least get a meet and greet together for any interested (and/or interesting) parties.

I'm setting aside a bag of polygons as party favors. :)

Who knows I might even splurge and go for nonplanar n-gons.....

happy Holidays
Kevin

firegryphon
12-06-2005, 12:04 PM
I'll be back in town sometime after the 4th of January, do we want to try it early in January or wait till after new years and just make plans then?

Willax
12-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I think sometime in January would be a good time for me. After we get settled in to the new year. The question is, where and when? I know objuan mentioned his place in Denver might be available. If anyone has any suggestions on this, throw them our way. I think if we get an idea on where everyone is coming from we can set up a spot that is easy access for everyone interested. Initially it might just be a meet and greet as mentioned by Kevin. Maybe coffee and dessert? From there we can set up future plans for the group, etc. Btw I'll be coming from Fort Collins.

Willax

www.billrstudios.com

somnambulance
12-06-2005, 09:16 PM
I have a film shoot in Wyoming sometime "in early January" is all I know right now. It will probably be a week long shoot, so hopefully I can make it. "Where" is a good question.

I read a bit of the how to start a LW user group thread, seems like there are a lot of good tips.

objuan
12-07-2005, 02:03 PM
Okay, how about wensday the 11th around 6:30pm at my place?

I am located at Blake and 33rd (about 13 blocks North of Coors Feild).
I have a video projector, DVD player, VCR and computer if people want to show their work...

Just a suggestion, I'm flexible, but the 11th works for me...

KevinL
12-07-2005, 02:45 PM
No, not an x rated film :)

Very cool Objuan, the thought is appreciated and I would be interested in that time frame. I am still in the midst of a mad dash to the deadline, but things will become more sane around the 19th of December and I can really start paying attention to my surroundings.

Anyone else thinking the generous offer of Jan 11, 2006 is workable?

Kevin

-pseudo quote of the minute-
"It's not rocket science, if it were I'd have blown my legs off long ago" :)

firegryphon
12-07-2005, 03:42 PM
I'm amenible to the 11th. I might have to make a mad dash out of the office to get there by 6:30, but it should be doable for me.

objuan
01-08-2006, 12:57 PM
So, I'm still game to host a users group on the 11th, if people can make it, but I'd rather delay if only a few people are gonna show, and more might come later.

What do yous think? Who is game for Downtown Denver on the 11th at 6:30-7ish? Who would like to come, but thinks the next week would be better?

I'm going to be moving, so it has to be this month for my place, hopefully in just a couple days. Who's with me!!!

KevinL
01-08-2006, 03:21 PM
I just got a clue as to schedule, and the 11th would work for me. I'm with you on the trying to maximise bodies that could attend, but I also think it's critical to overcome intertia. If there are others interested in the 11th, I'm in. Let Objuan know, I will check in here daily and "Let's Go !"

I think it would be nice to show and tell, but don't let that be a hangup. Meeting is the first step (in my opinion).

Have a grand Day
Kevin

PS Thanks again Objuan

objuan
01-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Right On KevinL.

I'm thinking next week for one last round of ralling. See and reply to this thread:
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?p=327869#post327869

Lets all meet up and get it on, regardless of what you've got to show.