PDA

View Full Version : Edudational to commercial upgrade question

meatycheesyboy
11-11-2005, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm a user of 8.5 educational and would like to preorder an upgrade to 9. But I have yet to see a educational -> commercial upgrade in any shops including the one on Newtek's site. I want to preorder because I'd love to get VUE but I don't want to buy into an upgrade that won't work because of my current educational version status.

Any ideas?

connerh
11-11-2005, 12:48 PM
AFAIK, ordering the 9 upgrade makes it a commercial liscense.

meatycheesyboy
11-11-2005, 01:00 PM
AFAIK, ordering the 9 upgrade makes it a commercial liscense.

In the past I don't think this was the case; there used to be a specific educational to commercial upgrade and a regular upgrade wouldn't work as far as I know. Can anyone verify what either of us are saying?

Wade
11-11-2005, 01:37 PM
well someone from NT will chime in, but from what I have read once you upgrade your ED verision it is now Commercial.

395.00 from X.X to 9.0 thats what you pay and you are good to go. :D

Best deal in town, great way to have folk upgrade and what a deal for a student buy the ED version and next time you upgrade you are Commerial. :lwicon:

Now go make some money with it and feel good about it. :)

Wickster
11-11-2005, 04:46 PM
From the NewTek Individual Educational Purchase Application

Commercial Upgrade Program: NewTek also offers a commercial upgrade program for Single User Educational license holders that were not purchased directly by an educational or government institution (i.e students, faculty, and staff). This program allows an Educational Product user to upgrade their license from “limited, educational use only” to an “unlimited, Commercial Software License”. This is intended to accommodate those students, faculty, and staff who would like to move from educational use of our products into commercial production for profit, without re-purchasing our product. The program can also update your product to the most current version, as well as provide the commercial license necessary to begin production for profit. Please contact NewTek Inside Sales at 800- 847-6111 or email [email protected] for more information and current program pricing.

Get the form from www.journeyed.com or here's a direct link.
http://www.journeyed.com/PDFs/NEWTEKFORM.pdf