PDA

View Full Version : Render rgb.....print cmyk Question pls help

smmuck
11-10-2005, 07:48 PM
Hello I am trying to print some rendered stills I have created. Lightwave renders in RGB but all printing is done in CMYK format. So my problem is RGB files appear Brighter on screen than CMYK, so when I correctly light my scene and render it looks great but when I print, everything becomes very dark. This due to that RGB to CMYK conversion That happens when you convert light to ink. My question is does anyone know how to render in CMYK? OR Does anyone know of a good work around for this problem? I know i could just up the intensity of the light and hope that when it is darkened in printing it corrects itself, but this is very detailed and I cant risk that not working.
Thank you so very much
sean :D

habaņero
11-10-2005, 08:02 PM
Two Big threads the last few weeks, both here and at spinquad and I think maybe one at Cgtalk as well.

If you are going to ask a question you feel many people would have to ask, it is often good to try the search functions at the forums, it is fairly fast.

Mylenium
11-11-2005, 12:41 AM
Hello I am trying to print some rendered stills I have created. Lightwave renders in RGB but all printing is done in CMYK format. So my problem is RGB files appear Brighter on screen than CMYK, so when I correctly light my scene and render it looks great but when I print, everything becomes very dark. This due to that RGB to CMYK conversion That happens when you convert light to ink. My question is does anyone know how to render in CMYK? OR Does anyone know of a good work around for this problem? I know i could just up the intensity of the light and hope that when it is darkened in printing it corrects itself, but this is very detailed and I cant risk that not working.
Thank you so very much
sean :D

That's what color profiles are for. You can't render in CMYK for mathematical reasons. The rest is just a question of experience and skill.

Mylenium

smmuck
11-11-2005, 01:33 AM
Im a novice I dont know about color profiles. If you could please explain what you mean by "thats what color profiles are for" I could apply this information.
thanx
s
:confused: