PDA

View Full Version : Layout won't 'let go' of the mouse!

Johnny
05-07-2003, 08:11 PM
I've been working with the same file successfully for a while now, but lately, after a render, LW 'thinks' that the mouse button is depressed..

I can't move or drag palettes, but when I mouse over the red orange green buttons at the top left of the palettes, they go from dim to 'lit' - indicating that they're waiting for some mouse action..

this happen to anyone else?

J

JackDeL
05-07-2003, 10:49 PM
I've had the Layout to modeler menu stay up after transfering an object back and forth between them. But nothing lke you describe. which mouse are you using? are you updated to 10.2.6?

Johnny
05-07-2003, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by JackDeL
I've had the Layout to modeler menu stay up after transfering an object back and forth between them. But nothing lke you describe. which mouse are you using? are you updated to 10.2.6?

logitech marble mouse...the other day when this happened, I unplugged the marble mouse, and plugged in an old-school USB mouse..still had the problem.

at least I can close palettes with CMD-W..so all's not lost..just a pain.

J

Jimzip
05-11-2003, 08:38 PM
Ok, haven't had this exact problem, but I do know that if you click and hold the LMB and while it's held down click the RMB you can release all buttons and still drag things around. Maybe your mouse button is being depressed somehow. Try taking off the buttons if you can and look for anything that could be jamming it.

Sorry if that's no help.

Jimzip:D

Ade
05-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Johnny I had same problem.
Its a bug and its hard to reproduce to tell em what makes it happen..
Ive gone to wacom and still the same thing.
Going back to 10.2.3 I havent seen it happen.......yet.

Johnny a question about your formac -
Is it ADC?
Platinum edition or OX?
Does it randomly switch off while you work thus having to re-turn it on from the power?

turbo
05-11-2003, 10:46 PM
I too have had a mouse problem but it seems more like an OS than LW one..
My mouse cursor disappears on completely on my primary monitor, but is still present on my secondary one.
I'll keep an eye out to see if it's just LW, but it never occurred to me before that it is.. :confused: :p

Johnny
05-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Ade
Johnny I had same problem.
Its a bug and its hard to reproduce to tell em what makes it happen..
Ive gone to wacom and still the same thing. Going back to 10.2.3 I havent seen it happen.......yet.

Johnny a question about your formac -
Is it ADC? Platinum edition or OX?
Does it randomly switch off while you work thus having to re-turn it on from the power?

I have the gallery Formac 17"..can't remember the exact model name, but it's the more expensive one, with the longer warranty and the better dead-pixel guarantee (2 or fewer; I have 1). No, I'm not having a problem with the monitor switching off at all..only turns of when I press that front-panel power switch - which sometimes seems to have a 'sweet spot,' but no other problems. I do have the ADC version

J

Ade
05-12-2003, 07:16 AM
Problem solved, my momitor had a faulty power supply, returned and got a new one.
Our Formacs are the more classier Platinum versions..

zander
05-14-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by turbo
I too have had a mouse problem but it seems more like an OS than LW one..
My mouse cursor disappears on completely on my primary monitor, but is still present on my secondary one.
I'll keep an eye out to see if it's just LW, but it never occurred to me before that it is.. :confused: :p
I've had the same problem a number of times. Occasionally, my mouse will disappear within LW. The cursor will appear if I hover over the desktop and then disappear if I hover over any LW window (i.e. layout, properties, graph editor) even if it's in the background.

I discovered that if you click on a drop-down menu in the LightWave interface it comes back.

I don't know if it's a LW issue or an OS issue. I suspect that it's a LW issue (based on nothing but my intuition...) :)

Ade
05-14-2003, 10:20 PM
Clicking on the modeller in the diock also fixes the Window staying in the background and not foreground bug.