PDA

View Full Version : Particles question

spec24
11-06-2005, 08:34 PM
This particle emitter is controlled by "curveconstrain" and follows the bomb's wick as it burns. When I calculate the particles they appear where they are suppoesd to, and when I do a playback or a preview render (opengl) they look fine. As soon as I render they jump to the position they are shown in in the attached image. This is of course also how the render comes out. Does anyone know why this is occuring?

Capt Lightwave
11-07-2005, 02:03 AM
Have you tried to save a PFX-file?

BeeVee
11-07-2005, 04:33 AM
Or create a null from the dynamics of throwing the bomb? Like the air escaping from a deflating tyre tutorial that's on the 3rd Party disc with LightWave 8?

B

Bog
11-07-2005, 04:43 AM
I've had this happen just recently while I was animating some microbes.

Saving the PFX file seemed to solve it, but I did need to re-set the particles in a clean scene with that data file.

spec24
11-07-2005, 06:14 AM
I don't know if it matters but this bomb was set up in another scene file - works fine in that scene file. When I load it into this scene the particle emitter decides to act weird. I will try saving the PFX tonight when I get home. Thanks all!

spec24
11-08-2005, 06:14 AM
Have you tried to save a PFX-file?

For anyone that would like to know, saving the particle file worked. Thanks Cap'n! :) Does anyone know why this occurs? Kind of a pain.

Bog
11-08-2005, 06:25 AM
Nah, I'm not entirely certain, truth be told. I seem to remember - back in the day - that Fixed Random was one's friend for most particulate quandries. Nowadays, I seem to live by Save PFX and then FXLink the particles to whatever.

Bit of a bore - I'd love to know what I'm mis-understanding as well.