PDA

View Full Version : printing stills. please help

smmuck
11-06-2005, 06:49 PM
Hello ppl hope all is well with everyone. I want to render some stills of a model I have made. I want to print them at 18 in. X 24in. In photoshop a 18in x 24in canvas at 300 dpi is 5400pixels X 7200pixels this is the specs I want 18 x 24 at 300 dpi...I think? If this is correct, what resolution should I put on the camera in Layout? Im not sure if these are the best specs but I need to print them at 18 x 24 that is a must. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have never printed a still before.
thanx
sm :D

smmuck
11-06-2005, 06:53 PM
also what is pixel aspect ration? should I leave it at one?
thanx
sm

Silkrooster
11-06-2005, 09:48 PM
There is a print assistant, I thought it use to be at render>utilities>print assistant. But I found it in the additional list. So once you find it. You may want to place it where you can easily find it. I did.
The print assistant will let you enter the dpi and the page size. This will adjust the camera to the correct resolution.
Yes, I would leave the pixel ratio at 1. As printers normally print a square pixel.
Now all you need to do is hit f9 and wait. Make sure the render display is set to image viewer in the render options, then you can save the image.(Just trying to cover the bases)
Silk

smmuck
11-06-2005, 11:18 PM
I havent had a chance to find it but thanx thats awsome!
thanx
sm :bowdown: