PDA

View Full Version : Sample working plugin with user interface

hstewarth
11-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I am curious if there is a sample plugin source available with user interface.

I been in developing code for a about 20 years and have been using Lightwave since for 4.0 as a hobby. I maybe interesting in writing a plugin.

Lightwolf
11-06-2005, 09:32 AM
I am curious if there is a sample plugin source available with user interface.

Have a look at the sample that ship with the SDK (or download it). There are plenty of plugins with user interfaces in there, even dedicated GUI samples.
Cheers,
Mike

hstewarth
11-06-2005, 02:26 PM
Have a look at the sample that ship with the SDK (or download it). There are plenty of plugins with user interfaces in there, even dedicated GUI samples.
Cheers,
Mike

I was looking at the wrong place. I was looking at the source directory.

One think I notice when trying to load the projected in Microsoft Visual Studio .Net 2003 , it said that my project is version 8.0 and that 7.0 or 7.1 is required. What version of the compiler do I need. I am MSDN subscriber so I can get any version. Visual Studio .Net 2005 release must be download or wait to end of month for DVD shipment ( hopefully ).

Also which one has examples user interface. I could not see one with the couple that I check out.

Lightwolf
11-07-2005, 02:59 AM
I've compiled LW plugins with MSVC 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 express... Either one will do.

Well, panctl is a good and complete start, as well as all the xpan* samples. LW basically has two (well, three actually) gui toolkits, Panels and XPanels. The panctl sample covers a lot of Panels, while the xpan* samples cover XPanels.

Cheers,
Mike

hstewarth
11-07-2005, 11:24 AM
I've compiled LW plugins with MSVC 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 express... Either one will do.

Well, panctl is a good and complete start, as well as all the xpan* samples. LW basically has two (well, three actually) gui toolkits, Panels and XPanels. The panctl sample covers a lot of Panels, while the xpan* samples cover XPanels.

Cheers,
Mike

Thanks for info on Panel's. I will check them out. I have notice that source code does not have CR/LF pairs in them - but that cane be over come. Is any Plugin development actually done in C++ instead C.

Stewart

Lightwolf
11-07-2005, 01:00 PM
Is any Plugin development actually done in C++ instead C.

Hi Stewart,
all of my stuff is C++. You can mix and match, but it only starts to be real fun if you start wrapping the C based SDK to be more C++ like.
Have a look at this: http://www.splinecage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
the threads cover a few of the complications involved.
Cheers,
Mike

hstewarth
11-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi Stewart,
all of my stuff is C++. You can mix and match, but it only starts to be real fun if you start wrapping the C based SDK to be more C++ like.
Have a look at this: http://www.splinecage.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=141
the threads cover a few of the complications involved.
Cheers,
Mike

Thanks.. That would be cool. I do coding as professional interest and graphics as hobby but there is something I desiring to do in Lightwave that is not available yet. It going to required a heavy user interface so I that is important to me.

C++ is important for OO designed of it.

Lightwolf
11-09-2005, 02:10 AM
C++ is important for OO designed of it.
That and .... I'm lazy ;)
Cheers,
Mike