PDA

View Full Version : Duplicate Plugins

gjjackson
11-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Since I started building another LW system I encountered a number of duplicates in my plugins. Some of this is due to LW acquiring 3rd Party plugins. So doing a massive copy duplicates some. I would like to see a check when installing plugins to see if the plugin already exists instead of rewriting over the installed one. I used a duplicate file checking program to clean things up this time and found Numerous duplicates not only in plugins but also image files, objects and scenes. Those I didn't remove, but the plugins that were in a 'User' directory were duplicates already in the main LW plugin folders, such as model etc.

Matt
11-05-2005, 11:09 PM
I'd like to see a type of plug-in manager for LW, maybe with some of these features:

View by date added

Editable 'Additional' menu

One-click 'install plugin as button' (which would allow the user where to place it in the interface)

Version numbers of plugins

Ability to clear out plugins (for re-scanning) WITHOUT removing their buttons in the interface

Matt

Hoopti
11-06-2005, 12:07 PM
I used a duplicate file checking program to clean things up this time

Which program did you use? I'd love to see where I've got duplicates running as well.

Hoop

gjjackson
11-07-2005, 05:52 AM
http://www.extrabit.com/spaceman99/

It took a little while to check ALL the files, but I found plugins that were in the modeler directory and duplicates in my User directory. The problem with scanning directories is, whatever the last plugin scanned was, is the one LW uses. If nothing else I'd like to see a popup window asking to overwrite.

Hoopti
11-07-2005, 06:25 AM
Super, thanks for the post. Haven't ever done this so I'm sure I've got some of the same issues. Will be interested in seeing what I come up with.

Hoop