PDA

View Full Version : IK Booster Keyframe Modes

jasonwestmas
11-05-2005, 03:32 PM
I'm fairly new with Animation inside LW 8.5 and I'm attempting to understand the Keyframe modes when the IK Booster Tool is activated. I've noticed some things that are kind of weird and unuseful to me in the way that I work. First of all I'm working with a Biped character only using IK Booster on the bones. I'm getting really nice motion with the IK booster handles but I've noticed that reguardless of the Keyframe Mode if I accidently move a IK bone controller and don't happend to see it, the bone gets keyframed anyway even though it isn't even in the same parenting chain in Current item mode. So for example if I accidently move the left leg controller and then move the right leg controller, even though the right leg controller is selected, the left leg controller still gets keyframed. This happens even when the 'Current item' keyframe mode is selected
(Yes, Autokey is NOT on) :p. So is this how IK booster's Key frame modes supposed to work? This has been true on a variety of different rigs using IK booster. So far the IK booster Keyframe modes seem kind of useless, but since I'm kind of a newb with these tools. . .

Dodgy
11-05-2005, 06:19 PM
I have noticed this myself.. I do know the settings and dynamics settings do seem to adjust using them though, so they are some use. Just wish if you adjusted something below an IK limit that the skeleton didn't keyframe above the limiting item..

jasonwestmas
11-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the Reply Dodgy:)

Another thing I wish I could do is have the arms parented to the spine in Current item mode and somehow prevent the spine from being keyed when I Key the Arm.:( Any way around this? Well there is one way and that is to move the arm then create the key in child mode but that creates a key on all the fingers too :-/

Newtek: Don't get me wrong, I love everything else about the IK booster;)

jasonwestmas
11-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Weirrrrrrd. If I'm simply moving the handle of the wrist bone to move the entire arm I noticed that if I don't have the slider on the key frame in 'current item' mode and then type in the frame number in the create key dialogue box the movement of the arm will not record. However if I first move the slider to the keyframe and then create the key in current item mode all the rotations for the arm correctly get recorded even though the wrist bone was the only bone ever selected when the key was created. :confused: