PDA

View Full Version : Drive image and security

digitalcut
11-05-2005, 09:37 AM
I'm a new UK user - only had it 2 days.

I've been told by my supplier that no software should be loaded on my Tricaster, and I noticed that you should disable windows auto-update on setup.

Surely with no antivirus and security updates this leaves the unit wide open to the hackers when streaming?

Also surely it would be OK to load imaging software to image the PC then remove the software before using Tricaster?

Paul Lara
11-06-2005, 09:39 AM
Your backup should not cause any problems, but I would heavily discourage you from installing ant-virus software on Tricaster, as every CPU call (read: every frame of video going through memory) has to first be filtered/approved by the anti-virus software.

A much better approach would we the use of a router or hub, which could prevent unauthorized access from the network.

digitalcut
11-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Thanks Paul,

I'd be a lot happier knowing I have a backup image stored, I intend to hire it out when I'm not using it, my dealer is several hundred miles away and unless I can restore the drive if corrupted I'll loose money.

I do use a router, but may not be able to 'on location'. I'll just have to be careful.

What about windows updates?
Are they safe to load?

Regards,