PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 8.5 download link not working

IRobot
11-04-2005, 07:46 PM
Is anyone else having a problem down loading the latest LW updates from the Newtek US web site?

At the bottom of the 8.5 update release notes is a link, "Login and Download Here", which goes to register.newtek.com however when I click on this link my web browser just times out.

At first I thought the download site may have been temporarily off the "air" but that was a week ago, so there must be something else going on.

My DNS sever resolves register.newtek.com to 199.79.203.136. I have tried ping this address but I get no response. Normally this would indicate that the server is powered down but of course there may be a firewall blocking my pings.

Any comments / suggestions?

UnCommonGrafx
11-04-2005, 07:56 PM
Yes,
The best suggestion: contact customer support. Forums aren't really the place for such a discussion; customer support, though, wants to make sure you are a happy customer, ready to tout the goodness of their product. :thumbsup: We do, too.

And, to answer the question, no, no problems getting in. Smooth as always.

IRobot
11-05-2005, 06:30 PM
Thanks for confirming that the site is up.

After a bit more digging it seems that I am currently being affected by an internet routing which is causing the download site to be unreachable from Australia :bangwall:

A trace of the problem shows that problem is at the US end of the link so I will ask Newtek customer support to contact their service provider to have the problem resolved.