PDA

View Full Version : Does IK booste work with motion mixer ?

fronzel
11-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Does IK booste work with motion mixer ?

I can't seem to get the ik bone animation to load in MM.

DonAVP
11-04-2005, 04:57 PM
IK boost works along with regular IK. Some times it is the best and quickest way to setup IK. It does work with Motion Mixer. However based upon you question I don't think you understand what Motion Mixers is.

Motion Mixer works with endomorphs or morph maps. They are the same thing and are created in modeler. They work with model meshes not bones. Check out the manual on how to make and use them. VERY COOL for lipsink(sp), eye blinks or other sutle moves that make an anim's look good.

Dodgy
11-04-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry, don, I don't think you know what motion mixer is :)

You're talking about MORPH mixer :)

Motion mixer is a NLA system designed so you can create an animation, and then store it in a clip to be layered with other previously created motions. Unfortunately, MM works by adding plugins to the objects which it controls, and when IK booster sees these plugins are there, it stops contolling those objects. These plugins are active even when the actor they're assigned to are not. So basically MM does not work with IKB at all. This is the biggest failing of these two systems, and needs to be sorted AS SOON AS POSSIBLE! Ahem :)

fronzel
11-05-2005, 07:52 PM
wow, I can't believe that they don't work together. what a bummer !

foiled again !

I almost have it working. the only problem is when i go back out of MM to my IK system all the rotation controlls for the bones are locked out.

basically it resets my IK rig and locks out all the controlls. theres no way to prevent this from happening ? really…

oh well I'll keep trying

thanks

fronzel
11-05-2005, 08:10 PM
oh and I would'nt say its totally broken.

if I made one move like a walk cycle I could at leatse use motion mixer to loop or time stretch the move. its just when you want to add a new move to your rig that you get in trouble.

so maybe if I copy the bone structure then do some swap and replace kinda stuff maybe it could work that way.

fronzel
11-05-2005, 08:28 PM
HA! :boogiedow :compbeati

i got it, all I have to do is uncheck the motion mixer plug-in for each bone, make my move, then recheck all motion mixer plug ins, go back to motion mixer and creat my new move.

the old moves are still there and new ones can be made and added.
its kinda of a pain but my model has only 32 bones so thats about a minutes worth of extra clicks to free up my model for animating. I think this extra step will be well worth using motion mixer to animate my charecters.

Hey could one of yuo sweet programers write a lscript or plug in to uncheck all motion mixer plugs when an actor is checked un active. Then recheck when actor active is rechecked in MM. this would make it possible to use IKboost and MM together.

Dodgy
11-06-2005, 08:59 AM
I'd have done this long ago if I knew how to do it :P

Unfortunately, you can't toggle plugins (I did ask for this recently as a feature request!) from an lscript. You can add and edit them, but not toggle them.

Maybe a .p plugin could do it?