PDA

View Full Version : Viper not working

Willax
11-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Since upgrading to 8.5 my Viper option does not work. Has something changed with the setup for Viper that I need to change? No matter what I do, it does not work. I load a scene, press F9 the open Viper and click on Render in Viper window. Nothing. I don't even get a message saying there is nothing to render. In the Viper title area after I click render, it says: Viper (none) and the render time says 0 ms. This is pretty frustrating.
Any ideas what I need to do here to get Viper working again?

Willax

RedBull
11-03-2005, 08:02 PM
Works no problems here... I think the mosaic mode added in 8.3, is ubercool!
Just test Viper aware places like the surface editor, or volumetrics (HV, Taiki)

So add null, activate, play with settings..... load viper, render a test frame, update viper..... Sometimes it may not be aware of which bit you want to preview, so make sure HV or something is selected...
If not removed configs, readd all plugins again.....

You may also wanna check the Viper button is enabled..... ???

Viper has "Enable Viper" (in the render tab) and also "Viper" buttons...
The latter is activated and disabled when you open and close viper...

But "Enable Viper' is not activated at the same time......
And that would be my guess..

Willax
11-03-2005, 09:50 PM
Well I uninstalled 8.5 and reinstalled 8.3. Didn't solve the problem. Still no Viper render. Somehow the program is not recognizing that it is turned on. I'm guessing that the config file may have been corrupted but don't wanna mess with it any more.

kylekoch
11-10-2005, 06:22 AM
Hey, Im a new user so forgive if this is wrong, but same problem here. I turned on the surface editor, then viper works like expected. One of my books alluded to it working only with appropriate plug-ins. I myself would love more explanation to this
kyle

BeeVee
11-10-2005, 07:19 AM
kyleloch is correct. VIPER is dependant on what you have open - HyperVoxels, SkyTracer, Surface Editor, etc. If you have none of those things open, how is it supposed to know what to do? ;)

B

evenflcw
11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
It could do everything :D

jeremyhardin
11-10-2005, 12:13 PM
It could do everything :D
it should do everything.

now to think of a name. i'm thinking something like 'F9' but different. fpr...
;)
ah i can't think of anything. oh well. probably wasn't a good idea anyway.
:D