PDA

View Full Version : animating desk diary

Meerah
11-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Hello, please can anyone give some hint how to aproach animating a calendar ? I need to animate it like it was wind which blows the pages (months) around the axis . I tried wind without any success..Also tried animate some bump also without any result .. than I tried displacement when I found flag tutorial but the problem is I do not need some complex displacement but just some bending while I can add the rotation afterwards.. I hope you have understood me..I meant simple desk diary .. Thanx a lot for any help..

objuan
11-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Your talking about ye old time flys by as pages tear off the calendar cam?

You can use 2 nulls to control the Deform:bend on a single page under the page object's Deform/Add Displacment tab.

It's kind of wierd to get the hang of, but should work pretty well for what I'm picturing you're talking about.

loki74
11-03-2005, 06:51 PM
hmm... well this is a tall order, I must say.

I recently had to animate pages flipping in a diary for a commercial. (My school is putting on the play "The Diary of Anne Frank" and I had to make the advertisements/publicity graphics) I use a spline control as explained in this tutorial:

http://www.md-arts.com/SplineControl_BookPageFlip_Bug_Fix_02_viewlet_swf. html

However, this approach will unfortunately not get the nice page-curl effect it sounds like you want. This is because the spline control only works in one axis, and IIRC you can only have one spline control attached per object.

I was thinking maybe you could use spline control in conjunction w/ a morph or something.. Not sure if it would work or if its really possible, but its the first thing I would try.

If you want the pages to tear off... that adds yet another complexity. The first thing that comes to my mind is ClothFX's sweing tool. You'd probably need ClothFX anyway, so that the pages, once torn off, could float around and stuff.

Well, best of luck with your project! :thumbsup:

Meerah
11-04-2005, 07:38 AM
I found out that the most simple way to do that is to use curveConform tool under the add displacement tab..The problem is that I cant force it to work.. I tried to create a curve right in the object , also tried to import as a separate object but nothing worked..I had never before tried to play with displacements so I might be doing something basic wrong, but I dont know what...Can anyone help ?