PDA

View Full Version : Import/Export Morphs in Modeller?

blacksmith3D
11-02-2005, 05:23 PM
Is there a mechanism in Lightwave Modeller (7.5+) to export one or all of the morph vmaps, and then import them later on? Please forgive me if seems like a trivial question as I am new to Lightwave.

Dave

RedBull
11-02-2005, 06:47 PM
If you have saved your morphs and object correctly, Layout should already
have all the morphs in the .lwo you saved...

When you get to Layout use MorphMixer to load, view and maniuplate the morphs you setup in Modeler.... (Opeject Properties - Add Displacement - Morph Mixer)

Maybe you are looking at the morphs tab, which is a different way of morphing between objects.... (and not for Endomorphs)

Hope it helps!

blacksmith3D
11-03-2005, 07:45 AM
Sorry, let me rephrase the question...

If I have a collection of mophs for a character that I made, and I do not want them all to be in the LWO file (for memory consuption purposes), can I export a selected morph, or all of the morphs to a file(s), so I can re-import them later on when I need them.

Say I have 100 morphs for a character, but I'm only using a few of them for a particular scene, then it would be nice to not have them all present in the LWO file.

Is there a mecanism for doing this in LW?

On a similar note, if I created a morph in another program by deforming the vertices of the original object, and saved it out as a object (LWO, OBJ, etc.), can I Import that object into LW as a morph for the original object?

Dave

RedBull
11-03-2005, 12:43 PM
Hmmm,

You could make a copy of the object, and remove the morphs you don't need.... So if you have 100 morphs, make a copy remove 80 of them.
From what i know LW morphs are only point positions, so it shouldn't take up much memory regardless..

You can do a save transformed from Layout, it will save the object as it appears in Layout, so if you have morph1-mouth open.... You can save transformed, and it will save a copy of the mouth-open object.

On the other note, if you created morphs in another program.....
you can use BG to morph or a few other morph tools, in Modeler.....
(you might need to look at the manual for that one) But yes!
It can be important to respect the point order, when you do this...

If you plan to do a lot of this stuff, Pawlel Olas, has a plugin called "SmartMorph" which makes life a whole lot easier for morphs...

Hope it helps.

gerry_g
11-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Is there a mechanism in Lightwave Modeller (7.5+) to export one or all of the morph vmaps, and then import them later on? Please forgive me if seems like a trivial question as I am new to Lightwave.

Dave

D Storm do a Morph Loader/Saver, I noticed it while I was looking for something else earlier today, don't know if it'll help, it's free
http://www.dstorm.co.jp/english/plugin/vmap.htm

blacksmith3D
11-04-2005, 01:06 PM
The morph loader/saver appears to be for the morph setting in Layout and not the actual morph data in Modeller. Ok, I have a reasonably good idea as to how morphs are handled in LW now. The plug-in that I am adapting to Lightwave is one that allows you to create morphs. It seems that it will also have the side benifit of allowing you to dynamically import/export morphs with OBJ files, and it's own "Morph Set" file format.

Thanks for the advice! I'll be asking more questions as the days go on.
Dave