PDA

View Full Version : Huh?? Not enough points selected?

ray_tracer
11-02-2005, 11:12 AM
In the course of making adjustments to and generally streamlining a mesh I was handed recently for animating, I've found a few places where there should be polygons but - for one reason or another - aren't. So, I select the three or four points that define the area and use the Make Polygon command. No problem.

There are a few of these spots, however, where I select the three or, more usually, four bounding vertices and hit my trusty 'p' key.......and get this message: "not enough points selected".

Huh?

Check again. Sure enough - 4 points selected. Try re-selecting and hit 'p' again. Same thing.

Am I missing something? (this, by the way, is in LW8.5 on WinXP Pro)

WCameron
11-02-2005, 08:08 PM
this ususally happens when you have two layers set as the foreground.

- Will.

Silkrooster
11-02-2005, 09:51 PM
Before you start creating polys, check and make sure the poly is not flipped. Some tools will flip the polys on you and if you aren't aware of it, you would think you missed a spot.
Silk

ray_tracer
11-04-2005, 10:10 AM
this ususally happens when you have two layers set as the foreground.

- Will.

Hey, cheers! That was apparently it.....even though the exact same points were selected whether there was just one or several layers set to foreground (I selected the points and then made only the layer I meant to work in visible).

So, thanks!

ray_tracer
11-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Before you start creating polys, check and make sure the poly is not flipped. Some tools will flip the polys on you and if you aren't aware of it, you would think you missed a spot.
Silk

I was pretty sure I'd checked that but went back and did so again just to be sure. In this particular case, at least, there weren't any flipped polys where I was working. Good sense to make double-sure. Thanks! :)