PDA

View Full Version : out now! motion builder for free [digit mag]

cresshead
05-07-2003, 01:48 PM
yup the mag is out now....
apparently there's a small problem with registering motion builder at the moment though....see their website for details

not bad for 5.99 though!

steve g:D

Rei
05-07-2003, 02:22 PM
Digit Mag, that a UK publication or you get it from the USA?

cresshead
05-07-2003, 04:41 PM
yup it's a u.k mag came out here [u.k] end of last week

www.digitmag.co.uk

also note that there's a lightwave bone rig for download on kaydora's forum to make the outputting from lightwave pretty simple.

steve g:)

cresshead
05-07-2003, 04:49 PM
BTW i believe you can get in the usa from most large newsagents ..it may appear a little behind the u.k due to shipping it out there..the issue your looking for is the june 2003 issue.

steve g

groodwanderer
05-07-2003, 06:50 PM
has anybody tried this in the U.S.? just wanted to know if it worked out for you.

TyVole
05-08-2003, 05:46 AM
In you live in the US, you can order it directly from the magazine's Web site for 10 pounds.

rabid pitbull
05-08-2003, 08:20 AM
yes but make sure that it will include the cd. I have seen other U.K. periodicals that will not ship the cd to U.S.A. That would be a major burn.

Check with border I think I have seen it there before.

Notepad
05-08-2003, 05:30 PM
Is there a catch? Is this an older version of Motion Builder, or a restricted one?

And I've never fully looked at that packed before. What all can it do? Just strictly handle motion capture data, or much much more?

And is this something any animator, who's worth his polygon, should be all over? :D

cresshead
05-08-2003, 05:50 PM
the only thing i can see by reading the mag is that this is the same app as 3dbuzz.com advertises but is free with the mag rather than $100...But you don't get the printed manual and box like you do with the 3d buzz offer...
also when you upgrade to a full liecence it's called "motion builder base" so there is some things not in this compared to the FULL motion builder but they say that all of the things that are in the 3d buzz video tutorials you can do with motion builder bass so you can rig n animate etc...it's for freelancers not corps.

looks like a real good app to boost lightwave's character animation capabilities esp with the mo cap clipart cd [free]

lightwave with ACS4 and motion builder is a stunning set of tools

steve g:D

TyVole
05-09-2003, 06:43 AM
If you get MB through Digit, your upgrade cost to a full license will be $200. If you pay $100 for it now through 3dbuzz or Kaydara, your upgrade cost will be $100. So, you end up paying the same, but you get the printed book if you pay now. However, if you get it through the magazine, you get to try it first before paying much.

I read somewhere that when the new version comes out in the summer, they will ship it (along with the new manual) for free to all registered users. But please don't quote me on that.