PDA

View Full Version : Menu items missing - please help a noob!

Yacomo
10-31-2005, 06:59 PM
First, hello to all & noob alert!

Title says it all, I'm a complete noob to the world of Lightwave and to the Mac as well, so please be kind with me while I may ask silly questions that have already been asked a thousand times before...

I have a completely clean install of Lightwave 8 on my also completely clean Powerbook G4. I updated that installation to 8.5 immediately. I also have a control install on a PC next to me that was not yet updated to 8.5.

Now I noticed that on my Mac a lot of menu items that exist on my PC are missing. For instance in Modeler, almost all primitives are missing except for box, ball, disc, cone and star sphere. From various posts here I gather that I need to 'reset my menus'. But how exactly do I accomplish this? And why do I have to do such a chore on a completely fresh install? Did I do something wrong during the install that may screw me up later?

Any hints and help greatly appreciated :)

Yacomo
10-31-2005, 07:35 PM
Woohoo :)

Never mind, I think I figured out how to rescan my plugins. So I rescanned both the plugins and legacy-plugins folders. Now my menus seem to be okay.

This should have solved my problem, right? Or is there anything else I should be aware of?

Hoopti
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
You should be set I believe for the out of the box setup.

Hoop

Yacomo
11-01-2005, 12:45 AM
Thanks Hoopti! Then I am ready to go :)