PDA

View Full Version : Digi-Element World Builder Pro 2.2x

Qslugs
05-07-2003, 12:47 PM
For sale: 1 copy of Digi-Element World Builder 2.2x Pro. This product was formerly known as Animatek World Builder Pro. I initially purchased this product for use on a project a while back, and it has been sitting around collecting dust ever since the project was completed. If you have a need for landscape animation or rendering this is for you. World Builder is ideal for everything from architecture to character animation.

The version that I am selling is fully upgradeable. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO UPGRADE CHEAP TO THE MOST CURRENT VERSION OF THE SOFTWARE!!!! This is the pro version, the full current pro version retails for 999.00.

You can read about the most current version here: http://www.digi-element.com/awb3_overview.shtml

The pro version that I am selling, is fully upgradeable. The upgrade can be purchased via places like DV Direct: http://www.dvdirect.com/shop/product.asp?sku=DEL2009 for 289.00

This package includes: Hardware dongle (hardware lock), installation disc, extra plants library, Box, Manual, original registration card.

Feel free to email Digi-Element to check the legality of transferring this software, and also contact me if you have any questions.

mattclary
05-08-2003, 06:23 AM
How much are you asking?

Qslugs
05-08-2003, 07:47 AM
email me at [email protected]

Qslugs
05-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Someone here must want a cheap copy of World Builder no?

Qslugs
05-27-2003, 04:24 PM
Someone here must want it.

Here's the asking price: 130.00 usd

130.00 + shipping (about 23.00 dollars overnight) + 239.00 (upgrade to 3.5) = really cheap software!

Still no takers???

CTRL+X
06-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Digit Magazine is giving it away in the July issue for free with no limitations version 2.3

HERE (http://www.digitmag.co.uk/forums/msgs.cfm?msg=511&forum=4)

Qslugs
06-22-2003, 07:26 PM
Thanks man. Real great. Well I guess I will never sell it now. Did I mention thank you? You're a real pal. I hope I can return the favor to you some time. I guess it dosen't matter anyway. Anyone trying 2.2x is going to want to upgrade anyway. Any chance you might want to point out what the upgrade price for the free version is to totally ruin any chances of me selling my copy?

pauland
06-23-2003, 04:43 AM
CTRL+X has done you a big favour. Just think how guilty you'd feel if you had someone pay those $$ for a magazine CD giveaway?

Would you really charge money for something that can be had for free? Nice guy.

Loads of software I've paid money for has later been given away in magazines. That's the way things are.

Paul

TyVole
06-23-2003, 06:04 AM
I think all he was trying to do was to explain to you why you weren't getting any responses.

Don't lose faith, though -- in sales, there's something called the Greater Fool Theory, which states that there's always someone out there stupid enough to buy anything at any price.

mrunion
06-23-2003, 08:53 AM
eBay. Someone will buy it.

Qslugs
06-23-2003, 10:28 AM
Well regardless of the reasoning behind the post, the issue still remains that the only way I can sell my copy is if it is cheaper to upgrade to full pro from my copy than it is to upgrade from the free magazine version. That has yet to be seen though.

Qslugs
06-23-2003, 10:35 AM
And Pauland, I posted this unaware of the free giveaway. I had been posting in the previous newtek forum as well, long before Digit was giving it away for free (which hasn't actually happened yet). I just figured that I would continue posting in hopes that someone might find the software useful or necessary. And as far as other software given away for free, we're talking about software that costs a grand, not poser or otherwise that only costs a few hundred. Also I didn't even know that digit even existed until I read the previous post mentioning that what I was selling is going to be availible in there for free.

pauland
06-23-2003, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Qslugs
And Pauland, I posted this unaware of the free giveaway. I had been posting in the previous newtek forum as well, long before Digit was giving it away for free (which hasn't actually happened yet). I just figured that I would continue posting in hopes that someone might find the software useful or necessary. And as far as other software given away for free, we're talking about software that costs a grand, not poser or otherwise that only costs a few hundred. Also I didn't even know that digit even existed until I read the previous post mentioning that what I was selling is going to be availible in there for free.

I accept that you didn't know of the digit offer beforehand. I was referring mostly to your distain about CTRL+X telling people the software could be had for free.

I can understand your frustration, but selling something on to someone when they could get it for free is hardly looking out for your fellow LWer, is it?

Of course, digit magazine isn't out there yet (AFAIK), so if someone needs it real quick you might be in luck.

Paul

CTRL+X
06-23-2003, 10:17 PM
My appolgies Qslug

I am sure not EVERYONE knows of the free offer and you can sell it some where to someone someday

Sorry

Qslugs
06-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Well either way, no hard feelings, actually I am kind of torn between upgrading it and selling it. That is mainly why I never took the product to ebay and only advertised here and a few other select places. Who know what I will do with it now. Maybe my price will end up being cheaper to upgrade to pro with. I guess I will be finding out soon though.

pauland
06-25-2003, 03:56 AM
I received my Digit magazine here in the UK today. It has a free WorldBuilder pro 2.3, as anticipated.

The upgrade from this is:

$299 -> WorldBuilder 3.5 Standard Edition
$699 -> WorldBuilder 3.5 Pro

So there you have it.

Paul

Qslugs
06-25-2003, 09:08 PM
Well I can still sell my copy in peace. Cool, thanks for the info. Good to know my invesstment is still intact. So my 130 + 345 for the upgrade is still better than their deal.