PDA

View Full Version : The Gale (Inspidered by Mechwarrior)

aversive
10-29-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi there. I don't post much on this forum and I just finished up a project. I hope you guys like this. I've always wanted to do a mechwarrior battletech, so here it is. Went through a lot of detailing and sketching to get this baby done. I hope you like it.

DrCuervo
11-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Hi there. I don't post much on this forum and I just finished up a project. I hope you guys like this. I've always wanted to do a mechwarrior battletech, so here it is. Went through a lot of detailing and sketching to get this baby done. I hope you like it.

Hey,
this is looking good so far. Are planing to battle damage it?

aversive
11-01-2005, 02:05 PM
Hey DrCuervo. Well, I wanted this design to come off as a 'clean' new thing. So it wasn't supposed to be damaged. It's something that most CG artists tend to lean towards, since it's a 'standard' to damage or give these kind of models scratches and whatnot.

Although I might do that, since I am planning on doing a little movie for this mech. I don't know when and I don't think anytime soon. Still trying to expand on my work. Although I'm not taking it out of account.

Thanks for your reply!

DrCuervo
11-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey DrCuervo. Well, I wanted this design to come off as a 'clean' new thing. So it wasn't supposed to be damaged. It's something that most CG artists tend to lean towards, since it's a 'standard' to damage or give these kind of models scratches and whatnot.

Although I might do that, since I am planning on doing a little movie for this mech. I don't know when and I don't think anytime soon. Still trying to expand on my work. Although I'm not taking it out of account.

Thanks for your reply!

Just out of curiosity, are you using radiosity render?

aversive
11-02-2005, 10:28 AM
That's right. I used radiosity in combination with HDR lighting. :D